Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maelduin, Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 01-03-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Hope youre all well on this beautiful Friday.

Myself and the wife are looking to buy a house in Maelduin, Dunshaughlin.

We have taken a drive out and love Dunshaughlin and the estate of Maelduin.

Can anyone please advise any reason why we shouldnt pursue this? Is there any anti social behaviour in the area ie. gangs, stolen cars, muggings etc...

I am gonna try and get over one of the evenings and scope it out but its always best to get some local advise and knowledge.

Thanks in advance,

JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Archiebello

Don’t live in Maelduin myself but in another part of the village. Maelduin would have been built late 90s early 00s. Lot of the houses are owner occupied and seem well kept. Only negative about the estate are the empty shop units at the front. Can’t understand why the owner doesn’t just convert them to ground floor apartments. Never seen any anti social behaviour around there. We’re living here over 5 years and find the village great, good community spirit with the various groups and the local amenities have been steadily improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

Hi,

I'm livign in the village and walk through Maldeuin most nights during summer and winter. I've never seen any hassle, and while there are obviously small groups of young people that float around, they seem to be very polite and fairly quiet. I'm very sure there's no stolen cars or muggings pretty much anywhere in Dunshaughlin, although I stand open to correction.

As previous poster said, most houses are owner occupied i'd say and there's a nice new estate on the left as you drive in - Hanson Wood. They are building two new apartment blocks though and as far as I'm aware there is a two story apartment block planned for the green area across the way from the shop units, in front of the new apartment block. So it will be a lot busier...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I don't live at Maelduin but walk through it nearly every day to the shops and I've never seen a problem or any anti social behavior. It's generally quiet with people walking their dogs and well behaved kids playing football.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Jayball09

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Advertisement