Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Western Environs Phase 1

Options
  • 01-03-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

What was to form part of the Central Access Scheme/Inner Relief Road, this is now going ahead starting early March and lasting for 18 months.
    A new roundabout on the Callan rd with a new road cutting across to Robertshill, widening of the circular Rd and a new roundabout at the Kilmanagh Rd.
    It still won't alleviate the bottleneck at Kennyswell but I'm presuming that will be part of Phase 2.

https://www.siac.ie/contract-signed-for-the-construction-of-the-kilkenny-western-environs-phase-1.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Hopefully the bottleneck at kennyswell will be sorted and we will not have the same problems as we have with an unfinished ring road.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Hopefully the bottleneck at kennyswell will be sorted and we will not have the same problems as we have with an unfinished ring road.

It’ll get worse from the plans I've seeen...this Phase only covers from the Ballycallan road junction over to the Callan road as far I can make out. Kennyswell will get worse with more traffic funneled through.
    What’s needed is a complete ring from Phase 1 all the way over to the Freshford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Thats my take on it too.
    We can only hope they start the second section immediately after the first is complete.
    Would it have been a whole lot more work during the first phase to complete it as far as the Water Barrack roundabout link?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

hi5 wrote: »
    Thats my take on it too.
    We can only hope they start the second section immediately after the first is complete.
    Would it have been a whole lot more work during the first phase to complete it as far as the Water Barrack roundabout link?

Not a hope in hell. You’ve seen how the ring road has dragged on for decades

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 the deuce

completion is now delayed until January 2021 due to a seven week Covid19 related shutdown

kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/559129/kilkenny-s-new-road-faces-delay-and-2-3m-budget-overrun.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the deuce wrote: »
    completion is now delayed until January 2021 due to a seven week Covid19 related shutdown

kilkennypeople.ie/news/home/559129/kilkenny-s-new-road-faces-delay-and-2-3m-budget-overrun.html

The roundabout section on the Callan road looks fairly near to being finished, surely those roadworks will be removed soon based on that, they can then work away on the rest of the road.

Advertisement