Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB

• 01-03-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just looking for some advice re ICB, got a phone call from a woman in the ICB asking if i has a problem with a credit card and I said no. She said that someone with the same name and DOB had come up and that she would unclick it. Does this mean that if a bank searches my ICB that someone else’s bad debt will show up? I’m looking to go for a mortgage towards the end of the year and I don’t want this causing issues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Would it not be the revoked credit card with Bank of Ireland from another thread?

I've never heard of them phoning people though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Apply to www.icb.ie to get your credit report and then deal with the problem by contacting the lender.

Very unusual to get a call from the ICB.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Smells of a scam tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JENNYMC928

No It was a different credit card, The other credit card I had was a student credit card which has since been cleared. It was from Ulster Bank and a different address.

Advertisement