Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online / mobile app user experience upgrade

Options
  • 01-03-2019 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

Are there any plans to update online and mobile app ? it's been pretty much the same since i've been a customer for 20 years ( or feels like it.. )

I have an AIB account we use for our house and their app and online experience is much better and cleaner, for instance the quick balance check without having to fully login..budget calculator based on transaction history from your account..it's handy stuff.

Debit card payments can be seen instantly on my wifes AIB acc but on BOI sometimes i need to wait a day or two. Revolut can do this instantly , even when using their card as debit card abroad.

Any plans for upgrade soon?

cheers

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The new app is a joke and seriously lags behind other competitor within the Banking sector.
    Also there's still no plans to support Apple pay or Android pay. I've opened an AIB account last year just for apple pay but after reading their latest updates I'm migrating all my accounts from BOI to AIB.
    I also use N26 as well.
    In this day and age BOI's tech department must consist of a few hamsters or something as its obvious they're not employing software developers or at least any with any ambitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Where have you seen/used the new app? I thought the new app isn't due for release until later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Bulmers,

Thanks for getting in touch and your interest in our online banking and App.

We can confirm there are upcoming changes and enhancements to our App. At the moment, we have no set dates as to when the new App will be launched. As soon as we hear, we will update customers here and across our social media channels.

We are asking customers to ensure their correct mobile number is registered and activated online in time for the switch over to the new App.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Hi Bulmers,

Thanks for getting in touch and your interest in our online banking and App.

We can confirm there are upcoming changes and enhancements to our App. At the moment, we have no set dates as to when the new App will be launched. As soon as we hear, we will update customers here and across our social media channels.

We are asking customers to ensure their correct mobile number is registered and activated online in time for the switch over to the new App.

Many thanks
    Alison

Hi Alison,

Ref the app,are we talking this year?

What about changes to online portal,any plans there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Bulmers for coming back to us.

Yes there will also be operational changes and visual enhancements to the online desktop as well as the App.

Our Digital Team have been actively working on this. Sooner to the launch date the Team will gives us more information, as yet we've no indication on the dates.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Where have you seen/used the new app? I thought the new app isn't due for release until later this year.
    I got the email documenting the changes in it... no mention whatsoever of apple pay etc..From what we've heard from BOI its 2022 at the very earliest.

Hi BOI

Any more updates on this APP, the year is moving on and still real updates.

The BOI APP is really behind your competitors and at least from my point of view seeing AIB and others apps, it's a reason to move my accounts.

tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Bulmers wrote: »
    Hi BOI

Any more updates on this APP, the year is moving on and still real updates.

The BOI APP is really behind your competitors and at least from my point of view seeing AIB and others apps, it's a reason to move my accounts.

tks

Hi Bulmers,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Please be assured that we are working on a new app. For more information and updates as they become available please see here. We do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will certainly pass this onto the relevant team. We are very sorry to hear this, if there is anything else at all we can help you with please feel free to get in contact with us and we would be happy to help you as best we can.

Thanks Jen

Hi BOI,

Any progress on this, coming up to a year since i asked and still nothing.

How come all the other banks can get new apps and updates out but BOI still the same? it's way behind everyone else.

B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Bulmers,

Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie.

Our digital development team are working on the app and it should be launched on a phased basis this year. Rest assured we will notify our customers on all social channels once an update is available closer to the launch date.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement