Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi 19 inch rims.

• 01-03-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Have an Audi A4 08 on 19 inch wheels. It needs 4 tyres atm.
    Was at the tyre fitter today and he was saying the wrong tyres are on the front. 245 40 19. He was saying they shoukd be 255 35 19. Will I notice much difference changing to this size.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wouldn't run 255 wide tyres in steering axle of any car. It's too wide for Irish roads which tend to be uneven.
    My own audi A5 is on 245 40 18 which is a factory size as is the 255 35 19.
    Certainly I couldn't live with mine on 19 inch wheels, just too much following road surface.
    I suspect someone may have put the different tyres on yours to try to reduce tramlining.
    If it was mine, I'd go with a narrower tyre on the front and keep the 40 profile which should keep you within range of the overall radius of the rears.
    In short, the 255 tyres on 35 profile might be more inclined to tramline / follow road imperfections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Have an Audi A4 08 on 19 inch wheels. It needs 4 tyres atm.
    Was at the tyre fitter today and he was saying the wrong tyres are on the front. 245 40 19. He was saying they shoukd be 255 35 19. Will I notice much difference changing to this size.
    He is right but not much in it to be honest!

Advertisement