Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit rating after clearing debt

• 01-03-2019 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi there,
    So this time last year I had about €4000 euro debt between my AIB and credit union... Which included a lot of missed payments and ignoring contact with lenders. Last week I managed to pay off my last installment so now I am debt free. I'm not by any means looking to lend straight away again but in the next 4-5 years I would like to be applying for a mortgage.

How many years roughly to I'm on a clean slate again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

ak4 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    So this time last year I had about €4000 euro debt between my AIB and credit union... Which included a lot of missed payments and ignoring contact with lenders. Last week I managed to pay off my last installment so now I am debt free. I'm not by any means looking to lend straight away again but in the next 4-5 years I would like to be applying for a mortgage.

How many years roughly to I'm on a clean slate again?

With the ICB (Irish Credit Bureau) records remain on the database for 5 years once the loan has been closed.

Advertisement