Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal, Premier League, 12:30pm, BT Sport 1

• 01-03-2019 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

ifwpkw0khqtqjgri5c77b650ef352.jpg

Big North London derby tomorrow as Tottenham meet Arsenal at Wembley. An Arsenal win will take them within a point of their rivals in 3rd and leave Spurs looking anxiously over their shoulder in the battle for a top four spot. On the other hand, depending on how results go this weekend, a loss could ultimately lead to Arsenal slipping to 6th when all games are complete.

The reverse fixture saw Arsenal come out on top 4-2, however the two sides met at the Emirates in the League Cup before Christmas where Spurs won 2-0.

Vertonghen and Winks face fitness tests while Alli and Dier remain out; Emery meanwhile expects Koscielny to recover.

How do you see this one going? Pochettino has never lost a home derby to Arsenal and while their recent performances have been disappointing, I expect a reaction from his team here. I'll say 2-1 to Tottenham.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Id say a draw. Arsenal have been fairly resurgent of late and kanes arrival again has stifled son. Arsenal are soo much better when mustafi isnt playing and if koscielny and solratis are back i can see them stopping spurs. Be interesting to see if ozil plays. He should get a chance anyway. Was unreal during the week. Guendouzi could have a big influence too.
    Having said that though, if spurs put in a performance like they did against dortmund,its hard to see past them. Would be interesting to see if poch has the balls to drop kane and to give son the reins again.
    Having said all tat, spurs will probably win because they are well and truly out of the title race at this stage. Be a great match

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Worried again about today. We've been absolute ****e in the last few games, and Arsenal seem to be playing well. A loss here and we will be right back in a dog fight for 4th, and with the way we are playing, i'd be seriously worried that we'll fall out of the top 4.

Win, and everything in the world will be fine though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Spurs to win easily enough and talk about them missing out on top 4 to stop for another 4 or 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

3-0.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Spurs to win easily enough and talk about them missing out on top 4 to stop for another 4 or 5 weeks.
    Bret Hart wrote: »
    3-0.

Bizarre predictions, not one NLD has been won easily since arguably the 5-2 to Arsenal in 2012 (also the last time a game between the two sides was won by more than a two goal margin). Easily one of the toughest fixtures of the season for both sides, could go either way.

Honestly I'd take a draw here but I fancy a scrappy 2-1 win for Arsenal tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Necro wrote: »
    Bizarre predictions, not one NLD has been won easily since arguably the 5-2 to Arsenal in 2012 (also the last time a game between the two sides was won by more than a two goal margin). Easily one of the toughest fixtures of the season for both sides, could go either way.

Honestly I'd take a draw here but I fancy a scrappy 2-1 win for Arsenal tbh.

I think spurs are a much better side than arsenal and will win comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Id say a draw. Arsenal have been fairly resurgent of late and kanes arrival again has stifled son.

That's an interesting point.
    I heard someone quote a star recently comparing spurs win % with Kane and without him, and it was slightly higher without him. Kinda backs up a point I was making recently that Spurs back up options (in this case Son up front instead of Kane) is less their weakness than their first xi.

Important for Spurs to get something today. 3 defeats in a row will start bullsh1t in media about them bottling it and being spursy which as well as being very annoying for everyone, tends to be self perpetuating. They will though, there are goals to be got against the Arsenal defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Team News:

Tottenham: Lloris, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Trippier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Rose, Eriksen, Kane, Son.

Subs: Lamela, Llorente, Gazzaniga, Aurier, Lucas Moura, Davies, Skipp.

Arsenal: Leno, Mustafi, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Iwobi, Lacazette.

Subs: Cech, Ozil, Torreira, Aubameyang, Maitland-Niles, Suarez, Kolasinac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

That is possibly Spurs strongest lineup plus a strong bench. Arsenal also have a strong bench but mainly, IMO, because their starting 11 is more than a bit strange. Amazing there is no place for Torreira and Aubamayang. Feeling a lot more confident now for a clear Spurs win. The only caveat is Spurs have three at the back which looks overkill with Arsenal lining up with only one up front.

Definite foul against Kane there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great composure from Ramsey. Shocking defending from spurs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brilliant goal by Ramsey.

Once again, stupid mistakes cost us. Kane should have just shot, and then Sanchez ****s up for them to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Won’t be the last of the goals I’d say. Surely Son should be pulling onto those defenders and burning them with his pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Really impressive. I was wondering how he was going to **** it up because it's always a hiding to nothing when you've that much time, but rounding the keeper like that, with a defender on his shoulder was hugely composed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Kiith wrote: »
    Once again, stupid mistakes cost us. Kane should have just shot, and then Sanchez ****s up for them to score.

Yeah looked like Kane was more interested in waiting for a tackle and looking for a penalty than taking a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Deise Vu wrote: »
    That is possibly Spurs strongest lineup plus a strong bench. Arsenal also have a strong bench but mainly, IMO, because their starting 11 is more than a bit strange. Amazing there is no place for Torreira and Aubamayang. Feeling a lot more confident now for a clear Spurs win. The only caveat is Spurs have three at the back which looks overkill with Arsenal lining up with only one up front.
    Never thought I'd see sissoko in spurs strongest team:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Has the sound on BT been dodgy for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs haven't exploited Mustafi once.

Spurs haven't woken up yet, they've been incredibly sloppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,107 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Esse85 wrote: »

Sadly no, I can still hear Steve McManaman fine.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spurs incredibly sterile

They need to take some risks and forget about the possession stat, they lost doing the same against Chelsea now losing to Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Esse85 wrote: »

Perfect for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

At work here but 52% possession no shots for Spurs. Trippier in the line up is a disaster from the off.

Fantastic saves there.

Superb saves from Leno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Trippier is one of the worst fullbacks in the league.

1 minutes of extra time after Arsenal have been taking the piss with time wasting since the 30th minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I don't rate Leno at all. The guy seems a nervous wreck when dealing with crosses (punches when he could easily catch). But fcuk me, that was some reaction save there.

• Advertisement

Arsenal look more impressive defensively than Spurs which isn't something I expected to see.

"I'm all right, thanks Jay"

Jenas with a face like a smacked 4rse there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Trippier is one of the worst fullbacks in the league.

hardly.

For all of Tottenham's possession, Arsenal are probablyore likely to score on the break than they are. They can't even get into a position where Sir Harry can dive and win a soft penalty at the minute.

Lacazette with a great chance for 2-0. Should have hit the target.

Arsenal should be 2 up there. Poor miss by Lacazette. Spurs haven't turned up today.

• Advertisement

Arsenal bringing on Ozil to shore things up a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Arsenal bringing on Ozil to shore things up a bit :)

Serve Emery right if one of his defenders gets injured...

For all of Tottenham's possession, Arsenal are probablyore likely to score on the break than they are. They can't even get into a position where Sir Harry can dive and win a soft penalty at the minute.

You called it.

There it is.....

Idiocy by Mustafi there:rolleyes:

Although Kane was offside...

• Advertisement

Looked offside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

BS

Kane was offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kane a mile offside

There it is.....

Except there was no dive.

1-1. Kane scores from the spot.

Daft by Mustafi.He does have that mistake in him though. But it shouldn't have mattered; Kane was offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Disgraceful refereeing, soft peno but offside

Kane gets it every fcukin time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lamela was barged like that not long after coming on and the ref allowed it, now it isn't OK.- would be nice to have a bit of consistency.

Kane clearly offside too.

It was definitely a foul, but he was offside, so it shouldn't have counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,107 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wasn't a dive, definite penalty. Nicely put away.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

GRANITE Xhaka

• Advertisement
Advertisement