Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video calls in phone app

• 02-03-2019 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭

I just realised you can make video calls directly from your phone dialler... Very handy... I usually use WhatsApp.

However the button is greyed over on my phone (for all contacts). I have Duo installed and activated. Any ideas? Is the feature not activated in this region?

Screenshot attached for context, I realise it's a landline number.
    474376.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Am guessing your contacts dont have it installed or dont have the same phone as you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Am guessing your contacts dont have it installed or dont have the same phone as you
    I just tried with a contact who I know has Duo installed, and uses a Pixel phone, so same dialler... The video button is still greyed, but I have the option below to video call with WhatsApp or Duo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Perhaps it only works through WiFi calls ?

ianob7 wrote: »
    Perhaps it only works through WiFi calls ?
    Not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Bluefoam wrote:
    Not the case.

Then as you said previously it must be a region specific thing

Can't think of anything else

• Advertisement

Possible source of the problem: Eir doesn't offer VOLTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yeah I'm seeing it for any of my Duo contacts with Vodafone.

Advertisement