Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 30 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m also with triple wolves. I have the exact amount to do Doherty to TAA.

Will look at getting rid of Jota before GW31. It is hard to see the good options for that GW in his price range. Maddison and Barnes aren’t delivering. Maybe one of the Bournemouth lads might hit some form (Fraser/Brooks). Already have Anderson in that price range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Someone in for Luke Shaw

Hard to look past TAA. Only downside is it makes Mane impossible

Done to TAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wolves assets an issue here as well though i can bench Doherty this week but Jiminez out for King is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fabianski, Boruc

TAA, Robertson, Pereira, AWB, Bennett

Anderson, Billing, Salah, Hazard, Pogba

Jiminez, Vardy, Rashford

0.7m ITB, 1FT & All Chips

Barring injury, think i'll hold or Rashford out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thunderdog wrote: »
    Will look at getting rid of Jota before GW31. It is hard to see the good options for that GW in his price range. Maddison and Barnes aren’t delivering. Maybe one of the Bournemouth lads might hit some form (Fraser/Brooks). Already have Anderson in that price range
    I don't think Jota is your biggest problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I don't think Jota is your biggest problem

He has a game in 31 though so he may as well hold him now I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

km79 wrote: »
    He has a game in 31 though so he may as well hold him now I suppose

Are wolves playing in week 31…scout says no game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Are wolves playing in week 31…scout says no game

Think he means Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going to WC in gw32 so thinking Kola, son, auba out, diop hazard hig in for -4. Gives me 8 players for week 31 and can bring in a 9th next week. Have to do transfers tonight as funds are tight

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Has anyone any insight into whats happening with Yedlin? Got him in with GW31 in mind as he looked pretty nailed on, then benched twice in a row?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pulled the trigger on.

Laporte ----> Ake
    Son ----> Sterling

Funds were tight. Sterling is one week City cover for the Watford game. I'll be FHing in 32 then WCing in 34, and I don't need more than 9 players for BGW 31, which I'll have using my FT next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Has anyone any insight into whats happening with Yedlin? Got him in with GW31 in mind as he looked pretty nailed on, then benched twice in a row?

Yedlin has been good going forward but responsible for a few goals conceded earlier in the season so I've been surprised he has held his place so consistently up until now. Not sure his replacement Manquillo is much better and no real insight into what's going on behind the scenes so can't say if Yedlin will be back in anytime soon. Guessing it just depends if Manquillo can continue to perform well (he got an assist and 2 bonus points in the game against Burnley).

Just gone for McNeill to Brooks as Brooks was playing well before his recent injury and their next opposition is Huddersfield. Mcneill has been good but Burnley are starting a tough run of games and Brady is back to compete for the same position.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

macraignil wrote: »
    Yedlin has been good going forward but responsible for a few goals conceded earlier in the season so I've been surprised he has held his place so consistently up until now. Not sure his replacement Manquillo is much better and no real insight into what's going on behind the scenes so can't say if Yedlin will be back in anytime soon. Guessing it just depends if Manquillo can continue to perform well (he got an assist and 2 bonus points in the game against Burnley).

Just gone for McNeill to Brooks as Brooks was playing well before his recent injury and their next opposition is Huddersfield. Mcneill has been good but Burnley are starting a tough run of games and Brady is back to compete for the same position.

Cheers, best off getting in a different Newcastle defender so, no use if I cant rely on him to play.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Rashford/Moutinho out for Hazard/Barnes, -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Thinking I'll make two changes now for -4 this week which will set me up for 11 starters in GW31 without having to make a transfer that week. Can then have two FTs for GW32 when I can use my last chip, BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Auba out. Vardy in.

Kolasinic out. Otamendi in.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Auba out. Vardy in.

Thoughts?

I like the moves, but hold off to see the Vardy injury situation, went off injured yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I like the moves, but hold off to see the Vardy injury situation, went off injured yesterday

Think I read it’s due to the blow to the head

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Watching Callum Wilson closely, he'll enable the moves I want moving into 31.

I'm going without City this week which is frustrating but I can't do much there without dismantling my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Likely to go
    Aguero & Jiminez to Higuain & Vardy
    Later in the week, all fit and well.

It's a GW31 move and hopefully it's time to give Aguero a little rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

PARlance wrote: »
    Likely to go

Thinking about the same move but delaying it till 31

A bit reluctant to give up the Jimi value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thinking about the same move but delaying it till 31

I'm no respecter of value at this stage of the season myself. My main fear is Aguero going nuts at home to Watford... but I'll take a gamble that he'll be rested.

Higuain looked like he has a big on coming soon and Vardy looks like he's in party mode. Home to Wolves and Fulham respectively in GW30 is pretty favourable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm no respecter of value at this stage of the season myself. My main fear is Aguero going nuts at home to Watford... but I'll take a gamble that he'll be rested.

Higuain looked like he has a big on coming soon and Vardy looks like he's in party mode. Home to Wolves and Fulham respectively in GW30 is pretty favourable too.

Nice week break for him now until then.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Think I read it’s due to the blow to the head
    Sore head after partying too hard, happens to the best of us.

What are you actually giving up though? I always look at selling a player for more than I bought them for as gaining something, not giving up something. Unless you intend buying the player back in the near future, I don't see that as a reason not to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

I'll be going Doherty to either Bennett or Jonny on the WC. His returns since 15 aren't worth the money especially with rotation now a major issue

Why would you do that? They're brutal at the back. Doherty is the only viable Wolves defender because of his attacking capabilities.

Auba out. Vardy in.

Thoughts?
    Arsenal have good fixtures from GW32 so might be worth keeping Kola. City could have two blanks in the next four GWs and Otamendi will likely lose his place in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Likely to go

I'd hold off on transferring out Aguero.

They have a week break and then midweek is CL against Shalke where they're in a commanding position.

I know Pep is hard to predict but I fancy Jesus to get his run back into the team against Shalke. Aguero is his main man and they've had two narrow wins now in the league. He knows he's in a title fight and won't be taking any risks against Watford imo.

Then I also think there's big potential for him to score big. I'm actually eyeing up a TC on him this week. With Salah looking not at his best this might be the best chance for those of us who are not TCing in a double (I'm likely doing FH in 32 and BB in 35).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'd hold off on transferring out Aguero.

They have a week break and then midweek is CL against Shalke where they're in a commanding position.

I know Pep is hard to predict but I fancy Jesus to get his run back into the team against Shalke. Aguero is his main man and they've had two narrow wins now in the league. He knows he's in a title fight and won't be taking any risks against Watford imo.

Then I also think there's big potential for him to score big. I'm actually eyeing up a TC on him this week. With Salah looking not at his best this might be the best chance for those of us who are not TCing in a double (I'm likely doing FH in 32 and BB in 35).

FA Cup game following the Schalke game is probably a Jesus start. Wouldn't surprise me to see Aguero start for 60 mins against Schalke too.

Thinking about transferring him in for Auba decades later than I should have to captain him for what could be a one week only job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    What are you actually giving up though? I always look at selling a player for more than I bought them for as gaining something, not giving up something. Unless you intend buying the player back in the near future, I don't see that as a reason not to sell.

Depends on your strategy though. Anyone using FH in GW32 might want him for the double. Holding him 'costs' me 6.3 currently (what I'd receive if I sell him) whilst it would cost me 6.9 (minus any drops) to buy him back in 2 weeks time.

I intend to use him in GW32 so will be benching in GW31. I'd imagine he will be a popular GW32 pick too.

Advertisement