Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB

• 02-03-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of changing to KBC to avoid the new charges. Changeover form sent to TSB in plenty time, they didn't transfer over the direct debits & their phone lines are down all week for 'maintenance'. So make sure you watch the direct debits if changing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I just did it manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Icsics

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I just did it manually.

That's what I'm doing now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

How do you mean manually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Westwood wrote: »
    How do you mean manually

Contact your suppliers or change it online and move your Direct Debits yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Westwood wrote: »
    How do you mean manually

For most of mine its just a matter of logging into whatever account, electric Ireland etc and updating the payment details. You can literally copy and paste the iban out of the kbc app so I had my sky, electric Ireland, Vodafone and others done in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

From doing this before from BOI to PTSB - better off to manage these yourself to ensure all bills paid. They are all as bad as each other :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Also check that PTSB didn't take 18e off your balance when transferred to new account.

Whatever the methods used by banks for switching, it's not without glitches so probably better to do the switch yourself, especially with the availabilty of online banking.

Better to empty the current account before closing in case they attempt to take 18e fees that some have been stung with.

Advertisement