Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving and fixing Cills (Sills) for EWI

• 02-03-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have granite cills (sills) on a refurb we are doing and we are going to use EWI. Does anyone have experience with moving forward and remounting without creating a thermal bridge?

(Obviously they cannot be fixed to the EWI, but any bracket strong enough might create thermal bridging in its own right...). I have seen 'Kingspan Kooltherm Insulated cavity closer' but not sure it would work in this instance..

I can of course remove them and go fake granite replacement but that seems wasteful (that said, any ideas of what to do with the cills if I need to go fake are also welcome i.e. sell them, can they be cut and used for counter top etc. would fill guilty just throwing them out...)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Ditch the granite.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shianto

Before I do make a call like that, can I just confirm if you have looked at technically solving the problem or are you just looking at it from a economic perspective?

I accept that you one needs to consider the end resulting thermal conductivity, but in this instance I would not be paying for the labour to try and fix the existing whereas I would be paying for replacement sills...

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Technically & economically.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shianto

Thanks for the steer.

Advertisement