Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network security monitored alarm?

Options
  • 02-03-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone on here familiar with network security and know if they are 'any good' etc?

They are interested in installing a monitored alarm system in my house- they seems to only be using the Internal motion sensors mentioned on many of the threads here and one with a camera in the hall

They don't seems to have much of a profile online etc but tell me they are the best at what they do! Anyone offer any views/experiences etc re them

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will by tying yourself into contract and also the equipment you install will be tied to that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kj72 wrote: »
    Anyone on here familiar with network security and know if they are 'any good' etc?

They are interested in installing a monitored alarm system in my house- they seems to only be using the Internal motion sensors mentioned on many of the threads here and one with a camera in the hall

They don't seems to have much of a profile online etc but tell me they are the best at what they do! Anyone offer any views/experiences etc re them

Thanks

A PIR camera in most cases is a waste in the hall as it will be set to access if sensor fitted to front door or entry exit if not.

Landing or another room makes more sense.

You will be tied into that company for the life of the system as they have there own code in panel and sensors.

Advertisement