Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Preacher!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

alta stare wrote: »
    It was a figure of speech. People are going on about him as if he is turning people away from that area or that he is disrupting their workspace etc. I accept he may be annoying to listen to but as alluded to the town has worse problems and those problems are very much in sight and mind.

So no examples then.

The fact that the town has worse problems doesn't mean this isn't one.

Ease off on the hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

kuang1 wrote: »
    So no examples then.

The fact that the town has worse problems doesn't mean this isn't one.

Ease off on the hyperbole.

Do you not understand the meaning of the saying figure of speech? The only hyperbole here is coming from those who suggest the preacher is an issue to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Don't these religious figures always cause consternation amongst the local populations.
    Jesus Christ!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Jesus Christ!!! :D

If that's what you're into, least believable of them all though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just passed up the Applemarket and this fella was shouting about Jesus at a group of women sitting outside the Kazbar,people cant even enjoy a drink on a Friday night anymore!

• Advertisement

I just passed up the Applemarket and this fella was shouting about Jesus at a group of women sitting outside the Kazbar,people cant even enjoy a drink on a Friday night anymore!

Would you take him seriously though or just a bit of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Sounds like he is your kind of fella

Thats some way to chat up the women alright. Usually the sh!te talking happens later as the night goes on.

Now if he is as that craic at that time the poor man had some issues. Someone full of drink will deck him.

Well i wouldnt mind him preaching during the day but if he is there ar half 8 then the poor sod has issues. At that craic all day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Amplification of voice and/or instrument should be banned, with a permit available for 'approved' use.

If the 'preacher' is in need of help, then it is a health matter and should be dealt with by the appropriate authority ..... maybe with a referral from the council or guards.

With regard to the content of his rantings, I would favour a complete ban on such content being preached ...... regardless to which religion, or none, it pertained.
    If you have a need or want for such, then there are already lots of locations to attend for the purpose ..... or start your own.

• Advertisement

As already suggested there are greater issues afflicting Waterford streets other than that of this gentleman! When those are dealt with I'm sure too that he will
    too but it will be all left to peter out in a typical Irish fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

He's obsessed with the Pope and Catholics. Every time I pass him he's going on like "THERE ARE NO MEDIATORS BEWTWEEN GOD AND MAN" eh the reformation was over 500 years ago lad.

Amplification of voice and/or instrument should be banned, with a permit available for 'approved' use.

The above should have applied to Oliver Carroll and the lady who was with him today making a nuisance of themselves during the parade.
    Cringe worthy to be absolutely honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The above should have applied to Oliver Carroll and the lady who was with him today making a nuisance of themselves during the parade.
    Cringe worthy to be absolutely honest!

Oliver Carroll has the strangest voice I have ever heard in my life. it comes from nowhere, no accent to it, he sounds like a cowboy. Id like to know where he is originally from because that is definitely not a Waterford brogue.

Advertisement