Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Liverpool, Premier League, 4:15pm, Sky Sports PL/Main Event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This last ditch defending can't go on forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Everton on the ropes a bit now. Fabinho denied by a great Digne challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Everton on the ropes a bit now. Fabinho denied by a great Digne challenge.

Ropes what game you watching .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Richarlison giving Robertson real problems since he came on.

Ropes what game you watching .

Watching the game where Liverpool have had the best chances of the match to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

very even game atm, liverpool happy to hoof balls up for the front three to chase

Watching the game where Liverpool have had the best chances of the match to go ahead.

That doesnt mean everton are on the ropes. There holding there own and had a couple decent chances them selfs.

That doesnt mean everton are on the ropes. There holding there own and had a couple decent chances them selfs.

They were on the ropes when I posted the comment, with Salah failing to score despite being clear on goal and Digne denying Fabinho with a last ditch tackle.

They were on the ropes when I posted the comment, with Salah failing to score despite being clear on goal and Digne denying Fabinho with a last ditch tackle.

Disagree ,one half chance from Salah doesnt make them on the ropes. Fab didnt even have a shot and to be honest made a balls of it.

• Advertisement

Disagree ,one half chance from Salah doesnt make them on the ropes. Fab didnt even have a shot and to be honest made a balls of it.

Was more than a half chance tbf. Salah in form buries that. Stats say Liverpool have had two clear-cut chances in the game, while Everton have had zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Missed chance for Everton there, they probably edged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice result for City

• :D

• beno619 wrote: »
    Missed chance for Everton there, they probably edged it.

Should have won it tbf. Everton the better team

Watford took the wrong approach and played an open style

Liverpool can be exposed easily once you setup in a tactical manner. Klopp does not have a plan b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I had a laugh at the ball boy there and Klopp getting all worked up

• Advertisement

Full-Time and it ends 0-0. Chances were there for Liverpool but they didn't have their shooting boots on today. Everton didn't offer a whole lot at the other end, although Van Dijk was a big part of that. He was MOTM for me.

Man City remain a point ahead at the top of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bit of a bottle job. Dropping points like they did the last time they were challenging for the title. Poor display against a very ordinary Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Second half was a lot better than the first. Liverpool created some real chances, and Fabinho really should have scored.

But Everton had a good spell after that and finally put Liverpool under real pressure for a while. Cracking atmosphere during that spell too.

I thought a draw was a fair result.

Was more than a half chance tbf. Salah in form buries that. Stats say Liverpool have had two clear-cut chances in the game, while Everton have had zero.

Salah was poor and has been poor last few games. 2 clear chances which where they . Richarlison nearly got siggy in the box for a tap in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

****e game. Think questions need to be asked after the subs Klopp brought on there anyway. Would have though Keita and Shaqiri would have been brought on. Bring a lot more in attack than Milner and Lallana.

Cracking last 9/10 games left to determine the champs and top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Should have won it tbf. Everton the better team

Watford took the wrong approach and played an open style

Liverpool can be exposed easily once you setup in a tactical manner. Klopp does not have a plan b

So a draw is exposing a team now is it ? 1 loss all league season and they can be exposed easily ?

Headshot wrote: »
    I had a laugh at the ball boy there and Klopp getting all worked up

I saw Klopp laughing with a ball boy.

Was there another incident?

Klopp could be heading for a kevin keegan moment with the pressure building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What will he blame today?

• mightyreds wrote: »
    So a draw is exposing a team now is it ?

Exactly, everton unlucky to get 3 points

Silva set his team up structured and tight in defence. And played with witdh on the attack

They had the best chances

Should have won the game

Simple really

Silva set his team up structured and tight in defence. And played with witdh on the attack

Should have won the game

Simple really

Maybe you should go into management yourself if you think you can easily expose a team who have lost once all league season.

The blue on evertons jerseys, brexit or the ball boy with the towel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Injuries in the Leitrim London game

Slowed the play down and distracted Steve Nicol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

VVD was absolutely immense today,worth every penny they paid for him.

Maybe you should go into management yourself if you think you can easily expose a team who have lost once all league season.

Why are you having a pop at me, everything I've said is fairly accurate tbf

There has been multiple teams who have sussed out Liverpool in the last few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well it can’t be the referee anyway. He did his best for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wind again lol

Why are you having a pop at me, everything I've said is fairly accurate tbf

There has been multiple teams who have sussed out Liverpool in the last few weeks

I'm not having a pop ,just don't agree with stating every team should set up like Everton and easily expose a team who has been beaten once all league. It's not easy expose the team just they are shocking attacking lately

Salah was poor and has been poor last few games. 2 clear chances which where they . Richarlison nearly got siggy in the box for a tap in .

Salah was through on goal in the first half also when Pickford saved well.

Only save I can recall Alisson having to make was a header from Calvert-Lewin. Van Dijk gave them little in the game really. I'd agree Salah was poor.

I'm not having a pop ,just don't agree with stating every team should set up like Everton and easily expose a team who has been beaten once all league. It's not easy expose the team just they are shocking attacking lately

I disagree on the simple fact the Liverpool simply do not have a structure beyond a pressing game

The difference this season is that Liverpool have one of the best CB in the league to cover the gaps

But ultimately Klopp will be to blame for his mishaps. His biggest weakness is his inability to adapt mid game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Klopp is a one trick pony with a very good trick, unfortunately for him he's been found out. Liverpool really need to up it if they want to win their first Premier league title.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wind again lol

That might be valid today considering their defenders were hoofing passes 70m most of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Watching with the brother, and predicted that Milner would be the first sub on after 62 minutes, and would make minimal impact. Everyone knew that Origi would be eventually swapped for Firmino, and that Henderson would play the full 90 after been subbed early last week.

The predictability of Klopp's mid-game changes will ultimately cost them the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I saw Klopp laughing with a ball boy.

Was there another incident?

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1102270781168517120?s=19

He looked quite annoyed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Beating your chest to the fans at Goodison isn't a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Klopp is great at giving it. #emotion

Sadly he doesnt take it too well. #emotions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Van dijk outstanding again. He makes defending look so easy. He'll be the reason Liverpool win the league if they can still edge it, although it looks very difficult from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Should have won the game

To be fair, don't recall Everton creating many decent chances, even when they pressed. For Liverpool, Salah should have had 1 if not 2 goals and Fabinho another. Only one team ahead in the new matrix XG (expected goals) and it's not Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    To be fair, don't recall Everton creating many decent chances, even when they pressed. For Liverpool, Salah should have had 1 if not 2 goals and Fabinho another. Only one team ahead in the new matrix XG (expected goals) and it's not Everton

Can't remember Alisson having to do anything.

Buddy97mm wrote: »

Salah had 2 chances one was straight at the keeper and the shot was nothing special . Pickford made a good save against him so he maybe derves one ,maybe !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

A day that will be remembered for years, nay decades, as the Grand Old Team produce their best display of the season to cement their position in the lofty heights of 10th. Evertonians will regale this tale through the generations. "I was there the night we scraped a 0-0 at home against Liverpool", they'll say, a wistful tear in their eye. The greatest atmosphere that Goodison has seen in years was a suitable backdrop to this monumental achievement by the heroes in blue. The roar at the finish, as each Evertonian was secure in their minds that 10th was theirs and theirs alone, was a fitting finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

keano25 wrote: »
    A day that will be remembered for years, nay decades, as the Grand Old Team produce their best display of the season to cement their position in the lofty heights of 10th. Evertonians will regale this tale through the generations. "I was there the night we scraped a 0-0 at home against Liverpool", they'll say, a wistful tear in their eye. The greatest atmosphere that Goodison has seen in years was a suitable backdrop to this monumental achievement by the heroes in blue. The roar at the finish, as each Evertonian was secure in their minds that 10th was theirs and theirs alone, was a fitting finale.

You ok Hun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

You ok Hun?

Seen it posted on a Liverpool forum and thought it was hilarious..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think Salah is a one trick pony as well - despite his scoring exploits. He lacks the range of skills that Aguero possesses in abundance. In fact, the same could be said of all of Liverpool's midfield and forward players when viewed in comparison to their closest rivals counterparts. City have De Bruyne, Silva and Gundogan. Liverpool have Henderson, Fabinho and Milner.
    City have Aguero, Sane, Jesus, Mane.
    Liverpool have Salah, Sturridge, Origi, Sane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

keano25 wrote: »
    Seen it posted on a Liverpool forum and thought it was hilarious..

uh oh! the liverpool fans are lashing out!!! :D

Saw a stat on the BBC website, that Liverpool didn't have a shot on target after the 54th minute. Great second half from Everton...

"Liverpool did not record a shot on target after Trent Alexander-Arnold's effort in the 54th minute."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47346958

• Advertisement
Advertisement