Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulk ewe replacer milk

• 03-03-2019 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭

Anybody know where I can get a 25kg bag or a 50kg bag of powder... I seen one a few weeks ago but can't source it...I have an heatwave feeder feeding 8 lambs.... the small 5kg bags are tedious....plz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

iron man wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get a 25kg bag or a 50kg bag of powder... I seen one a few weeks ago but can't source it...I have an heatwave feeder feeding 8 lambs.... the small 5kg bags are tedious....plz

https://www.coopsuperstores.ie/Farming/Milk-Replacer/Calf/Lamlac-Free-Flow-25kg-0024212?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk-7jBRD9ARIsAEy8mh4MsCTnbc65A1PTczS5EKlZJMg_WciDERf4w_4lU-kmT1ZSv3xAMbsaAtvoEALw_wcB

I’ve seen the 25kg Lamlac in aurivo aswell, but they might have to order it in for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

my lambs seem to like Golden Frisky better...

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Any issue giving maverick to a pet lamb have it here anyway or should I get lamlac ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

sonnybill wrote: »
    Any issue giving maverick to a pet lamb have it here anyway or should I get lamlac ?

It's high in copper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It's not right for lambs, ewe milk has twice the fat and more protein than cows, we fed pet lambs on cows milk years ago, some lived and some died but they all had pot bellies, seldom lose a pet lamb now.
    If maverick worked no one would use lamlac, lamlac is probably twice the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

I can get lamlac from local co-op in 25kg bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

wrangler wrote: »
    It's not right for lambs, ewe milk has twice the fat and more protein than cows, we fed pet lambs on cows milk years ago, some lived and some died but they all had pot bellies, seldom lose a pet lamb now.
    If maverick worked no one would use lamlac, lamlac is probably twice the price

I got the lamlac , 3 mg of copper in that , maverick had 10 mg of copper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

I got the lamlac , 3 mg of copper in that , maverick had 10 mg of copper

Don't think there's copper in lamlac there is in shine ewe-reka

Advertisement