Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Patricks Day

Options
  • 03-03-2019 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Ok on a normal Sunday when I work I get half time . But because st.patricks day falls on a Sunday my company have told me I will only be getting public holiday rate and a extra day off with normal pay.
    Because off this I am going to lose out on my half time that I would normally get for working a Sunday. as the extra day off is just normal pay . Anyone else have similar issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

I presume by "half time" you mean time and a half?

Is the Public Holiday rate not at least time and a half, or double time? What rate do they pay for Public Holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

If you qualify for public holiday benefit you are entitled to one of the following:

A paid day off on the public holiday
    An additional day of annual leave
    An additional day's pay
    A paid day off within a month of the public holiday

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Ok on a normal Sunday when I work I get half time . But because st.patricks day falls on a Sunday my company have told me I will only be getting public holiday rate and a extra day off with normal pay.
    Because off this I am going to lose out on my half time that I would normally get for working a Sunday. as the extra day off is just normal pay . Anyone else have similar issues

So instead of getting 1 1/2 time you’ll be getting double time AND a day off with full pay? That’s double what you usually get.

Advertisement