Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEN PARTY

• 03-03-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All,

I am organising a Hen Party for 24 ladies, mid to late 30's age group in Limerick on the 18th and 19th of October. I have emailed a Clay Pigeon shooting place as an activity. The bride wants a classy not trashy weekend so I am looking for ideas/suggestions/activities and generally any advice or help you can offer?

Many thanks. R

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Loads of new 'classier' bars opened up the last few years. House, 101, Maggie Choos, all further up O'Connell street. House has 'amber' night club too. Jerry flanneries now has a venue next door... is it 13 14, or 14, 15. Cocktails and dancing.

Plenty of hotels in and around town, with varying prices depending on location. Savoy, clarion, limerick city hotel, the George, the strand. Absolute hotel

Afternoon tea at the Castletroy park hotel? (A bit out) Or at No1 Pery in town. Dinner at MarcoPolo (great decor/cheap on price). Cocktails at the savoy. Loads of options for a hen for food/groups.

Plenty of the old school bars down by the 'market quarter'. Nancies, smyths, flanneries, etc...

This is all advice from a man.. So hopefully some female boardsies chime in!

Oh and the copper rooms is meant to be a nice spot... for the 'girls'

Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

As for activities... there's a new mini golf called Jurassic Par and go karting - both near delta soccer dome... Just outside the city

Brimstone (now establishment) used to do cocktail making classes. It'd be an idea if staying at the clarion, or limerick city hotel, as it's across the road. Then on to House (bar) and amber.

As I said above... loads to see and do

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Hook and ladder do cookery classes. We did then thru work and they were good fun

https://www.hookandladder.ie/product-category/limerickcookeryschool/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I would really recommend kayaking or the adventure room with [URL="/https://www.getwest.ie/"]Get West [/URL] Kayaking in the middle of the city is a wonderful experience and the crew at Get West are really sound and friendly.

For dinner I would recommend the Cornstore or House. Number 1 Pery Square is fabulous if you want to do pampering or afternoon tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

24 ladies, no clue but let us know where and what time to be there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement