Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major issue with bedroom wardrobe I purchased

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Escapees wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder if this thread is a wind-up?!

I'd much rather peel protective film off new products myself than leave to an installer who might well have grubby hands!

Why? Forget about the plastic for a sec. All the other issues are valid reasons for me being unhappy.

New update. They've offered to pay 100euro cashback for me to get a handyman to sort this issue out. Very unhappy with this. I've told them to either collect the wardrobe and return my money or rectify it. They've told me no, 100euro is all they can offer.

I now want to proceed to get this issue resolved. What should I do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Small Claims Court

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

They probably know they will not satisfy you no matter what they do.
    Don't think the company had done too much wrong here

They probably know they will not satisfy you no matter what they do.
    Don't think the company had done too much wrong here

Agreed to get a wardrode delivered to home and installed. Agreed that will get a hanging rail on the left hand side, a hanging rail on the right hand side and split in the centre with a box type area for other clothing. 50euro extra for the extra rail.

What was got, was a badly installed wardrobe with the rails on the left hand side one about the other which will not take adult clothing if they where on each rail.

They agreed to come and fix it and sort out the rail issue. I have msgs saying this. They came, fixed the doors, peeled plastic and installers refused to move the rails and rearrange the inside as was agreed by seller.

Msgd seller, he said it was my fault and should have told the installers to sort it before they left However, I did this but they refused.

Msgd seller complaining, they said they won't be sending the installers to sort this out and the best they can do is offer me 100euro to get a handyman to fix their problem.

Can you explain to me how they will not satisfiy me no matter what they do. I have gave them 2 options. Come and fix it or come and remove it from the house and give the money back. I am not being unreasonable. All I want as a consumer is what I asked for and paid with with my hard earned money. Is this to much to ask for. As a consumer, this isn't on!

• Advertisement

theguzman wrote: »
    Small Claims Court

What is this procedure. How long does it take, will I need a solicitor, costs etc.. What if I win my case in court and the sellers still don't sort this. What then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

kingbhome wrote: »
    What is this procedure. How long does it take, will I need a solicitor, costs etc.. What if I win my case in court and the sellers still don't sort this. What then?

No solicitor required, you can file the case online yourself and the registar will rule. I used it successfully and sued Three Ireland a number of years ago relating to their shoddy service. I received over €600 compensation as a result.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

elperello wrote: »

Agree. I don't know why the other posted would post such a thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

This thread is a wind up.
    No way it's serious

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

theguzman wrote: »
    No solicitor required, you can file the case online yourself and the registar will rule. I used it successfully and sued Three Ireland a number of years ago relating to their shoddy service. I received over €600 compensation as a result.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

The registrar doesn’t rule, usually they try to see if there is a way to get both parties to agree a solution before it gets to court. If they can’t, the case goes before the judge, and you put forward your case. The registrar may rule a case out if it isn’t suitable for the SCC

This thread is a wind up.
    No way it's serious

Please don't comment if you've nothing constructive to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

kingbhome wrote: »
    Please don't comment if you've nothing constructive to say!

MOD
    This is a discussion forum. Open to all who comply with forum rules

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

nuac wrote: »

MOD
    This is a discussion forum. Open to all who comply with forum rules

You appear to have come here from the link in your forum, but I echo the misplaced sentiment!

Advertisement