If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha 207 vs 1600 vs q acoustics M3

Options
  • 03-03-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Which one is better: Yamaha 207, Yamaha 1600, or Q acoustics M3?

Are you all out of Yamaha 1600 in silver?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I personally like the Yamaha soundbars.  The 1600 has the better network features, as it sports the likes of Music cast, DLNA, Apple Airplay etc.  So if you were planning to use it to stream music from a PC, Nas drive etc.  However the yas207 does have a separate sub which will give better bass that the inbuilt one on the 1600

I currently only have the 1600 in black and stock of them is very limited 

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ninjapharaoh

Thanks for getting back. The large price difference is a huge factor though. Is 300 the best price you have? Is there any way to do a price beat on it? I'd love to buy it straight away

Thanks for getting back. The large price difference is a huge factor though. Is 300 the best price you have? Is there any way to do a price beat on it? I'd love to buy it straight away
    Hi ninjapharoh,

We do offer a price beat, have you seen it cheaper elsewhere and I can have a look at the deal for you.

Kind regards

David

Unfortunately can't find something for the 1600, but found this for the 207 on prcdirect.co.uk/brands/yamaha/yamaha-yas207b-200w-soundbar-system-with-wireless-active-subwoofer.html

I heard issues about the crossover issues for the 207, that's why I'm worried. Based on your experience, which one offers better sound quality/surround experience?

Unfortunately can't find something for the 1600, but found this for the 207 on prcdirect.co.uk/brands/yamaha/yamaha-yas207b-200w-soundbar-system-with-wireless-active-subwoofer.html

I heard issues about the crossover issues for the 207, that's why I'm worried. Based on your experience, which one offers better sound quality/surround experience?
    Hi Ninjapharaoh.

If you have any doubts with the 207 then I would not purchase it.

There is only 1 of the YSP1600 left in stock and it is an open box unit. I could offer to clear this at £180 delivered.

On the price beat against PCR, unfortunately they will not ship to the South Of Ireland so I can not offer to beat their price.
    For a price beat it must include delivery if it can not be collected locally.

In my opinion the 1600 has the better sound quality but the added sub of the 207 does give for better bass.

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me. By open box do you mean it was on display? Or a returned item?

Its just that i know the 1600 is an older model so I hope it wasnt on display for a few years.

Thanks for getting back to me. By open box do you mean it was on display? Or a returned item?

Its just that i know the 1600 is an older model so I hope it wasnt on display for a few years.
    Hi Ninjapharaoh.

The 1600 was our ex-display unit.
    It was only on display over the Christmas period as we only got stock of the Silver version at the start of December.

It was re-boxed back up and moved to open box at the start of Feb.

Thanks for the clarification. Would I be able to return it if I had any issues with it and would it still have warranty ?

Thanks for the clarification. Would I be able to return it if I had any issues with it and would it still have warranty ?
    Hi Ninjapharaoh.

It comes with the standard Yamaha warranty and normal returns procedure applies.
    Returns T&C's:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-returns.aspx

Alright, I guess I'll take the 1600 and try it out. If for some reason I dont like it or it doesn't suit I'll return it and get the 207 instead. 

Can you let me know what the next steps are? :) 

• Advertisement

Alright, I guess I'll take the 1600 and try it out. If for some reason I dont like it or it doesn't suit I'll return it and get the 207 instead. 

Can you let me know what the next steps are? :) 
    No problem at all Ninjapharaoh.

If you drop me over your contact number in a PM we can give you a call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.