Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Wicklow Town

Options
  • 03-03-2019 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I’m hoping to commute daily to Dublin, taking the bus from the Grand Hotel. Does anyone know where I could leave my car for the day while I’m gone? Is the car park at the Grand Hotel still operational?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Parkelm wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m hoping to commute daily to Dublin, taking the bus from the Grand Hotel. Does anyone know where I could leave my car for the day while I’m gone? Is the car park at the Grand Hotel still operational?

That's now closed.
    The majority of parking around the town is paid and short term.
    The Murrough car park has a cheap daily rate and is probably a 10 min walk to the Grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

There was talk of a park and ride at the beehive. Has that gone ahead yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Thanks! It’s a shame the car park at the grand is closed. I checked with Wexford bus and the park and ride is yet to be confirmed unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    That's now closed.
    The majority of parking around the town is paid and short term.
    The Murrough car park has a cheap daily rate and is probably a 10 min walk to the Grand.

The murrough carpark is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Jimjay wrote: »
    The murrough carpark is free.

South or north or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Park in Tesco or Lidl?
    You could drive to Rathnew, small car park beside the pub, opposite the bus stop. Maybe go as far as Ashford, car park at the supermarket, free.

Murrough north is free, south is pay.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Park in Tesco or Lidl?
    You could drive to Rathnew, small car park beside the pub, opposite the bus stop. Maybe go as far as Ashford, car park at the supermarket, free.

Murrough north is free, south is pay.
    OP seems to be looking at Wexford Bus - I don't believe they stop in Rathnew, and definitely not in Ashford.
    Parkelm wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have you considered the train at all? Pay-parking at the station, and the train itself is more expensive, but still might be worth considering.

Advertisement