Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to Buy

Options
  • 03-03-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My partner and I are currently applying for the help to buy scheme. We are stuck! My partner is being flagged as : Awaiting membership confirmation. It seems like we have everything setup and we can ask anyone for help. Two questions:

- How can you get in contact with ROS for help.
    - Has anyone else had this issue
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Myself and my partner got the exact same message recently. I was required to request a p21 for the last 4 year's in order to move it on to the next stage. Presume the same applies in your case.

They can be contacted through myenquiries which you will find on Myaccount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jodie1611

Exact same thing happening myself and my partner, I went to apply for the help to buy and added my partner as a group application. It came up that we had to submit form 12 for previous years so I did and he did also, his then said his application was under review and gave an application number but mine still says applicant still needs to confirm he is apart of the group. Very frustrating, I sent them a mail on my enquiries so still waiting to hear, I think it said it could be up to 28 days before they reply. :(

I will let you know if I get any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I had this too. I would call them.

Enter your PPS here and it'll give you the local number. Depending on the agent some will fob you off, some will try to help you. But generally, they should see if there are any obvious flags. In the end mine took about two weeks from submission to be clear. Make sure you have all your P21s and stuff up to date for both accounts.

Thanks Julez for sending on that number, I rang them and it looks like there is something with my partners application that they have to double check but the woman I got through to was very helpful. Only took a few mins to get through also.

Application got approved this morning :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

The revenue are useless to deal with. Getting excuse after excuse as to why we can't submit the help to buy application. First it was because me and my partner changed our tax status to married, then the idiots refunded both of us money last week.

Tried submitting again and said my P12 for 2018 wasn't submitted. Rang them and they told me I owed then money. I asked them why did they refund me money last week and they hadn't a clue so had to pay it. Exact same issue now for my wife and we still can't submit it

Yet man on the phone as good as said their system is a sh1tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Life1234

Hi all, myself and my partner submitted the group application for the help to buy scheme. We needed our form 12s and P21s so we requested them and got them sorted. When we both log in it says our application is "under review" as they are "awaiting confirmation" when you click to continue it says that our application cannot move forward due to outstanding issues (whatever that means). I have submitted an enquiry through the online service but it said it could take up to 28 days which seems excessive! I think I might try call them tomorrow as I see this happened to another person on this thread too. Any help much appreciated!

I'm getting the exact same issue. Did you get sorted? Thanks.
    pchamp wrote: »
    My partner and I are currently applying for the help to buy scheme. We are stuck! My partner is being flagged as : Awaiting membership confirmation. It seems like we have everything setup and we can ask anyone for help. Two questions:

- How can you get in contact with ROS for help.
    - Has anyone else had this issue

Life1234 wrote: »
    I'm getting the exact same issue. Did you get sorted? Thanks.

You'll have to get on the phone to your local revenue office. Keep ringing back everyday until you get it sorted.

They told us a million different excuses because they were too incompetent to know what was wrong so had to keep ringing back until it was rectified

Thanks so much. I will call them today. I've already submitted and enquiry but 28 days to get back seems ridiculous!
    deisedude wrote: »
    You'll have to get on the phone to your local revenue office. Keep ringing back everyday until you get it sorted.

They told us a million different excuses because they were too incompetent to know what was wrong so had to keep ringing back until it was rectified

• Advertisement

Thanks so much. I will call them today. I've already submitted and enquiry but 28 days to get back seems ridiculous!

I tried that too but the online form is a waste of time. The only way to get things done with them is get on the phone and keep annoying them unitl its sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

The only way to get things done with them is get on the phone and keep annoying them unitl its sorted!

Just bear in mind, the more caseworkers taken off working cases to cover the increase in phone calls, the longer cases take to be actually dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I spent nearly a month last year sorting out our Help to Buy, best thing is to keep ringing Revenue and if you're not happy, ask to speak to a superior. I was bouncing over and back between them and the Property tax people as I had an already inherited house issue and I was not coming up on the system as a first time buyer. The PT people were so much better for dealing with unusual issues and more helpful, I was not impressed with Revenue.

The only way to get things done with them is get on the phone and keep annoying them unitl its sorted!

Just bear in mind, the more caseworkers taken off working cases to cover the increase in phone calls, the longer cases take to be actually dealt with.

I stand by what I said, its the only way to get things done with them

So basically, I phoned them and that "awaiting confirmation" message was regarding a tax issue on my partners end. My partner was due to pay a small amount of tax as per P21 and one of the obligations of the HTB scheme is that all tax affairs need to be rectified. Anyways, he paid it online that day (Tuesday) in order to get the application moving. I called them again on Wednesday to tell them that the tax was paid and could they please move forward with our application. They said that they would leave a note for the case worker & email them as they can't "call the HTB team" so I really hope someone gets back to us soon. I am debating calling them again today to see if there is an update. They asked me to submit another inquiry online but it says 20-28 working days for a response online and we are in a hurry to get this sorted for our mortgage application. Has anyone any advice?

So basically, I phoned them and that "awaiting confirmation" message was regarding a tax issue on my partners end. My partner was due to pay a small amount of tax as per P21 and one of the obligations of the HTB scheme is that all tax affairs need to be rectified. Anyways, he paid it online that day (Tuesday) in order to get the application moving. I called them again on Wednesday to tell them that the tax was paid and could they please move forward with our application. They said that they would leave a note for the case worker & email them as they can't "call the HTB team" so I really hope someone gets back to us soon. I am debating calling them again today to see if there is an update. They asked me to submit another inquiry online but it says 20-28 working days for a response online and we are in a hurry to get this sorted for our mortgage application. Has anyone any advice?

Keep on to them. To give you an idea of the level of incompetance you are dealing with. Both myself and my wife were refunded on a Friday and when we rang back on the Monday they told us we owed them tax and thats why we couldn't put the application through

Absolutely ridiculous. We have reserved a property and in order for our mortgage application to move forward we need confirmation of the HTB scheme. The people on the phones are not helpful. They keep telling me to submit an enquiry online which I have done 3 times and not got one response. I am going to call again today and ask for an update. There is no reason why we shouldn't get it but we just need the confirmation to get things moving.

Absolutely ridiculous. We have reserved a property and in order for our mortgage application to move forward we need confirmation of the HTB scheme. The people on the phones are not helpful. They keep telling me to submit an enquiry online which I have done 3 times and not got one response. I am going to call again today and ask for an update. There is no reason why we shouldn't get it but we just need the confirmation to get things moving.

The people on the phones can’t help, they have no access to the Help to Buy system, as it is an automated process. When an issue arises it creates a work item for a caseworker on the HTB team.

The people on the phones cannot call the HTB caseworkers, that is why they ask you to submit a My Enquiry.

Yes I am aware of that. I phoned everyday until the application was sorted. We got approved today! :)

The people on the phones can’t help, they have no access to the Help to Buy system, as it is an automated process. When an issue arises it creates a work item for a caseworker on the HTB team.

The people on the phones cannot call the HTB caseworkers, that is why they ask you to submit a My Enquiry.

Yes I am aware of that. I phoned everyday until the application was sorted. We got approved today! :)

Congratulations :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Trying to figure out how much I am entitled to. I have input the years online and when I clicked to the next screen, it told me 'relief of up to €14,021'. It then asked if I want to submit the claim.
    Does I need to submit in order to get confirmation that I can definitely get €14,021 or do I just proceed to the submission stage if I have a property picked am ready to draw it down?

Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

You get max 5% relief from revenue for the HTB. If you were offered 14k and your house was €280k then this means the HTB will give you the full 5% (14k) and you will need to make up the remainder 5% of 14k.

If your house is less than 280k you would not get the full 14k as max you can obtain is 5% of the house price!

You create the claim when you have your house picked & mortgage approval etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks a mill
    lfen wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how much I am entitled to. I have input the years online and when I clicked to the next screen, it told me 'relief of up to €14,021'. It then asked if I want to submit the claim.
    Does I need to submit in order to get confirmation that I can definitely get €14,021 or do I just proceed to the submission stage if I have a property picked am ready to draw it down?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lisa McSweeney

Hello
    I am just at the beginning of the help to Buy. My partner confirmed to accept membership but on his account it say I am awaiting membership and on my it says he is awaiting to confirm membership. It very confusing and would appreciate the help.
    Also I only picked the last 2 years for tax returns does this matter? Why would you need to pick all 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Sorry for bumping old thread but we're also having serious issues with this process. It's nearly a full month of back and forth on ros.ie trying to get sorted. There's a new issue every week it seems Latest issue is that my partner owes 0.57cent underpayment of tax. I've now just spotted that a second employer was randomly added to my account. The company must have accidentally put in my PPS no. So fed up now at this stage. Couldn't make it up...

Seems like ringing and harassing them is the only way to push this along?
    Also I only picked the last 2 years for tax returns does this matter? Why would you need to pick all 4 years?
    We picked all 4 years as we thought we'd get a better outcome, the more tax we paid? Caused alot of heart-ache though with new issues constantly found.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

If applying for a group application, do you both need to submit an application or just one of you can submit it?

Submitted an application for myself & OH, it says under her name - Awaiting Membership Confirmation.

Below that, it says "Your application cannot proceed because either you have outstanding issues on your tax affairs or all group members have not confirmed membership of the group.

How does my OH confirm membership of the group?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emilia8888888

Hi Guys,

Same issue here, I have been calling them but they cannot help.

Is there any other option to move applicaion forward?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi all

facing a similar issue, my partner has an outstanding tax liability (Covid payment and illness benefit) that is taking a while to settle

she’s going on maternity leave soon so I fear it will drag on.

while I have enough tax paid to claim the 30K, would I be able to set up a single application even tho we have a joint mortgage application

Advertisement