Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Thank god congratulations to all! To those s who did make it, if at first you don’t succeed try again and heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Will all who passed stage 2 be called for interview, placed 240s

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Got the results and I didn’t pass:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Wow passed.....a lot better than expected :eek:

Sorry to anyone who didnt pass :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

If you read your Message on Public Jobs, you will see:

Anyone resulting in Rank 0 - 90 will be interviewed in July.

People ranked higher will be called in August / September.

Good luck to all.

• Advertisement

Ye well will all that passed stage 2 get the interview, placed 240s, just wondering whether I will make it to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Ye well will all that passed stage 2 get the interview, placed 240s, just wondering whether I will make it to interview

What does the second paragraph of your public jobs message tell you??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

Got the results and I didn’t pass:-(

Sorry to hear that. In what area did you fall down in? I found the online course with career services invaluable with the initial assessments. Like everything, it all boils down to practice.

How did everyone else place, I droped from 120 in stage 1 to 240s stage 2, how did everyone else do, well done to all that passed

daniel1390 wrote: »
    How did everyone else place, I droped from 120 in stage 1 to 240s stage 2, how did everyone else do, well done to all that passed

I moved up 200 places, shocked isnt the word :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Arsenal91

I got in the 80s delighted, didn expect interviews to be so soon, is the group and single interview on the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 E.Drumsy

Morning All,

So just wondering as cant find any inside track to the stage 3 process

ive found this
    Stage 3: Interview & other assessments
    Upon successful completion of Stage 2 candidates will be invited to attend an interview and other assessments (as listed in stage 2). The interview is competency based and candidates will be assessed under the following 6 competencies:
    Directing Others
    Supporting Others
    Conscientiousness
    Resilience
    Adaptability
    Information Handling and Communication

but anyone know any inside knowledge of what they look for ?

Thank You
    Drumsy

E.Drumsy wrote: »
    Morning All,

So just wondering as cant find any inside track to the stage 3 process

ive found this
    Stage 3: Interview & other assessments
    Upon successful completion of Stage 2 candidates will be invited to attend an interview and other assessments (as listed in stage 2). The interview is competency based and candidates will be assessed under the following 6 competencies:
    Directing Others
    Supporting Others
    Conscientiousness
    Resilience
    Adaptability
    Information Handling and Communication

but anyone know any inside knowledge of what they look for ?

Thank You
    Drumsy

They email you got yesterday mentions material to be sent out soon so keep an eye on your emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Hope everyone who passed is happy with their ranking. The rankings can go up or down for people after stage 2. So if your number is in the first 90 you already have your interview date but for those who maybe in the 100s or 200s will get called aswell it's just a matter of time as they said they will run interviews in August and September. Whatever ranking you have been given it doesn't matter how high or low you still passed so be happy. In the interview a high ranking doesn't ensure success so someone who is ranked 200 something can pass the interview. As they say preparation is key

It looks like they added a new competency for this year. The other assessments from last year were a written report based on a short video and a group assessment.

To those who didnt pass dont give up apply again!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Arsenal91 wrote: »
    I got in the 80s delighted, didn expect interviews to be so soon, is the group and single interview on the same day?

Stage 3 is written report, group assessment and panel interview so everything happens on the same day

Bowrow wrote: »
    The interview is the hardest part.
    Just have your examples on the competencies and stick to answering the questions and you'll be fine.
    I think it was about 20-30 mins

Prison Officer Interview Course

We are emailing you as you signed up to be notified of when we set our next Prison Officer Interview Course. We have now set a new course date for our Prison Officer Interview Preparation Course.

Day Course Details

Town/City: Portlaoise
    Date: Friday, 28th of June 2019
    Course Venue: The Killeshin Hotel, Dublin Road, Ballyroan, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
    Time: 10.00am-6.00pm
    Check-in: 09.45am - 10.00am
    Lunch: 1.00pm (lunch included)
    Price: €160 payable on the day

Anybody reckon this would be good to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

I did the last one for stage 1 found it invaluable, will definitely do that

I did the last one for stage 1 found it invaluable, will definitely do that

Thank Kells girls
    I didn’t even expect to get to stage 3 let alone pass stage 1, I’m not till August/ September but good to get all ducks lined up in a row before it happens

They email you got yesterday mentions material to be sent out soon so keep an eye on your emails.

Sound out thank you
    Sure see how we go didn’t expect to get to stage 3 tbh so don’t wanna **** it up now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Hard luck to anyone who didn’t pass but there will be more recruitment possibly next year so don’t give up.
    Congratulations to the ones who have passed and if your merit number is high you will get called for an interview at some stage, you just might have a longer wait..........you will then get the chance to show you have what it takes and progress on further.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Well done to all that got through to stage 3 I will be called in the first group .

Hope everyone who passed is happy with their ranking. The rankings can go up or down for people after stage 2. So if your number is in the first 90 you already have your interview date but for those who maybe in the 100s or 200s will get called aswell it's just a matter of time as they said they will run interviews in August and September. Whatever ranking you have been given it doesn't matter how high or low you still passed so be happy. In the interview a high ranking doesn't ensure success so someone who is ranked 200 something can pass the interview. As they say preparation is key

It looks like they added a new competency for this year. The other assessments from last year were a written report based on a short video and a group assessment.

To those who didnt pass dont give up apply again!

What Familiarisation Material do we have to go over for stage 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Has anyone received the stage 3 familiarization material yet?

Arod13 wrote: »

Was literally going to ask the same, even checked my spam in case I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Arod13 wrote: »

No I haven’t received anything yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Arsenal91

I know its early days yet since there is a long way to go, im just wonderin does anyone know the timeline for intakes is? Its more so for my job more then anything

Just realised yesterday was the cut off for choosing a interview date, so we should get the familiarization material this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Arsenal91 wrote:
    I know its early days yet since there is a long way to go, im just wonderin does anyone know the timeline for intakes is? Its more so for my job more then anything

There's no way of predicting which class you're gonna get called for, they used to publish a list of proposed dates on the website but even then it's pure speculation. Some people in the past have had a phone call on a Friday to start Monday. Generally speaking you'll have a couple of weeks notice. Best rule of thumb here is to guesstimate a timeline and double it.

There's no way of predicting which class you're gonna get called for, they used to publish a list of proposed dates on the website but even then it's pure speculation. Some people in the past have had a phone call on a Friday to start Monday. Generally speaking you'll have a couple of weeks notice. Best rule of thumb here is to guesstimate a timeline and double it.

That happened to my brother with the Garda, call on Thursday started Monday :pac:

• Advertisement

Hi does anybody know how the prison service feels about tattoos? Once they are coverd is it ok ? Do they wear short or long sleeve shirts on the job .

Advertisement