Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Lorcanber1 wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    I am oom 229 from 2019 campaign.
    Into stage 4. Did my interview last October but haven't heard a thing since. Is there any1 getting any communication from prison service.
    In a full time job and need to know where I stand asap.
    Thanks
    I just had my medical in March, just b4 the lockdown, i think everything was put on hold then, I haven’t heard back from them. I was oom 160s,

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kenny80

Lorcanber1 wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    I am oom 229 from 2019 campaign.
    Into stage 4. Did my interview last October but haven't heard a thing since. Is there any1 getting any communication from prison service.
    In a full time job and need to know where I stand asap.
    Thanks

Guys dont be giving out ur exact oom on this just give ball park bout where u are.IPS an IPS h.r looks at these forms an no who u are when u give out ur oom

• Registered Users Posts: 7 P.O. 1

The security clearance has always taken a long time in my case it took 2 years to come back and no before you ask I was never in trouble. I’ve never heard of anyone not having to do the fitness test and I’ve 10 years done. Do a bit of training and it will be grand. It’s a great job with good staff( in general). I think covid will slow up everything and a possible moratorium on public sector recruitment as in the last recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

I know it's a long process but just hoping to hear soon.
    It's a job that I'm really hoping to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

P.O. 1 wrote: »
    The security clearance has always taken a long time in my case it took 2 years to come back and no before you ask I was never in trouble. I’ve never heard of anyone not having to do the fitness test and I’ve 10 years done. Do a bit of training and it will be grand. It’s a great job with good staff( in general). I think covid will slow up everything and a possible moratorium on public sector recruitment as in the last recession.

Can't afford a moratorium imo too many retirements, I heard that since recruitment started overall numbers have barely changed because of retirements

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

Had my fitness test booked for the end of March before being cancelled on me. Still waiting. Hopefully as restrictions start to ease and small groups can gather at one time the tests will start running again. Small numbers at a time id imagine, which will slow down the stages even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Anyone from up north going for the NIPS?

Just got an email inviting me to a video interview for the NCO position!

Belfast86 wrote: »
    Anyone from up north going for the NIPS?

Just got an email inviting me to a video interview for the NCO position!

Dont no anything bout the NI 1 sorry there has to be something tho but I haven't seen anything bout it on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Gonna give them a call on my lunch break and see how delayed everything will be (background checks/fitness tests) Ill let you all know whats said :)

Update : No answer :pac: I'll try again later.

First update : A class started in May though they were well ahead in the process (2018 application I guess) I was told to email which I did so Ill update when I can.

• Advertisement

First update : A class started in May though they were well ahead in the process (2018 application I guess) I was told to email which I did so Ill update when I can.

2nd update : Not a lot of info other than all RPO and PCT cancelled for the moment, no news on a return date.

2nd update : Not a lot of info other than all RPO and PCT cancelled for the moment, no news on a return date.

Thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Hoping the process start soon ,maybe july at some stage ,get the ball rolling again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Hi did anybody else get their Security Clearance back yet?
    Received mine
    From 2019 campaign
    Best of luck to you all

BK1997 wrote: »
    Received mine
    From 2019 campaign
    Best of luck to you all

By post or email?

By phone call
    They only call you by phone to tell you you received your clearance

Cheers, Ive a big family with some in America, have a feeling mine will take ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Received mine
    From 2019 campaign
    Best of luck to you all

When was yours sent away? I’m waiting since October

Hi I had my interview around October is-well

• Advertisement

Hi I had my interview around October is-well

I was July August did they give u a college date r anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Roboloinsaigh

Received mine
    From 2019 campaign
    Best of luck to you all

Got mine yesterday any idea of when the fitness test will be

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pathfinder2285

kenny80 wrote: »
    I was July August did they give u a college date r anything

Got my clearance back in March, heard nothing since, COVID is probably having a big effect on every thing, I think the GARDA have the same problems too, well if individuals are getting notifications of clearances back it’s a good thing that the system is slowly getting back to normal 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Anyone now when the lrish prision serivce recruiments is going to end their drive for more recruits failed 2 times hoping to do it again l am whenever they start up new campigan hopefully they recruit for the next few years thats their plan l think

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Anyone now when the lrish prision serivce recruiments is going to end their drive for more recruits failed 2 times hoping to do it again l am whenever they start up new campigan hopefully they recruit for the next few years thats their plan l think

Not sure never heard anything who knows what will happen wit this virus

• Registered Users Posts: 25 roblehinch

Has any one heard of a rough date that they might be starting the training again

roblehinch wrote: »
    Has any one heard of a rough date that they might be starting the training again

Just that its postponed for the time being, anyone else get their clearance back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

Nothing yet , interviewed in October and didn't hear anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Done medical but nothing else since no news on fitness test .Gaurds and army all back training

• Advertisement

Theirs a class going ahead in September and one in October

No plans yet for any other classes after them two

Physical not back all currently postponed but they are looking into it at the moment

Advertisement