Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla

Options
  • 03-03-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi, we're house hunting at the moment and looking to move to Clonsilla and particularly like Sorrel, Limelawn, Charnwood and Portersgate.

Could you give me feedback on area. It would be greatly appreciated. I believe the areas I've mentioned aren't in the catchment for St. Mochtas school. Is there any way around this or is this due to change in the near future?

Thanks folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Wouldn't worry about the school thing. My kids go to Mochtas and every morning there's a constant stream coming from Limelawn. It's a really nice estate with good sized houses.

Not too familiar with the others tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Demand for the school is incredibly high at the moment with a cut off now into Feb for turning 4. It would be a risk to expect an automatic place

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your feedback.

We'll put our kids names down but also a back up school as well just in case.

If anyone else has any views on the estates mentioned in the OP it would be greatly appreciated. Any issues with antisocial behaviour etc. We really like the area but not too familiar with it.

Houses seem well built. I believe the same builder built them all. Are they all to a similar spec? Any issues with insulation etc?

Thanks in advance folks

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi, I've lived in Charnwood for over 10 years and am very happy here. We've upgraded the house a good bit as they are 20 years old now and a bit dated if they haven't been updated. The estate is well maintained and quiet.

My children go to School Choilm which I have to say is a great school and not much further away than St Mochtas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

john why wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Really appreciate your feedback.

We'll put our kids names down but also a back up school as well just in case.

If anyone else has any views on the estates mentioned in the OP it would be greatly appreciated. Any issues with antisocial behaviour etc. We really like the area but not too familiar with it.

Houses seem well built. I believe the same builder built them all. Are they all to a similar spec? Any issues with insulation etc?

Thanks in advance folks
    Portersgate is a lovely settled estate and always looks very well maintained. Don’t discount Mount Symon which may be marginally cheaper than the others but is still excellent for the transport links and in the catchment for the school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement