Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow by One Mod Banned by another over same Issue

Options
  • 03-03-2019 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi,

replied to a comment in a forum - got yellow Card for it which i accepted. Then within a few hours another Mod decided to overrule the yellow and upgrade it. no reasoning behind it and other than "Read the rules" no real reason given as to why one Mod would deal with an issue and another would go another way.

Also - tried to discuss with the Mod as per the Appeals diagram suggested and Mod was unwilling to open dialogue and try form a decision that would be acceptable to both parties.

So i am appealing
    1) Replying to a comment made that was already using the words HATRED and i reacted accordingly - not wise - but still.

2) Mod over-rulling a Mod ... surely if a decision is made it should be uphelp by the original Mod - else why trust your guys to complete these actions? It seems a little bit personal to me.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know about this. One will be along shortly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Demosthenese,

I will take a look at this.

First step:
    Can you please forward or post here the PM conversation with the mod that issued the original card where you attempted to resolve it.

Also, further to that please post any exchange you had with cmods or admins relating to the card upgrade.

This situation is a bit complicated in that I'm being asked to make a finding on actions by both a fellow cmod and an admin, however I have been given remit to do so. Ultimately this will be an admin decision but I will endeavor look at it impartially, apply site and local rules, and hopefully make a recommendation that is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

You have received a warning
    Dear Demosthenese,

You have been warned for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Moderator Note

Abuse is in breach of the charter.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Demosthenese View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scudzilla View Post
    Was talking earlier with a mate about the city game, he says he wants us to lose 1-0, i want us to lose 12-0 to give city goal difference, i want them to know we've thrown the game so bad, my hatred runs so deep
    Your hatred doesn't run so deep. Your stupidity is so deep it will effect your kids you clown. Should be neutered. Embarrased you call yourself a supporter. You and your mate.

Beasty
    Administrator

Adverts | Friends
    Admin: Canoeing & Kayaking, ZTest
    Re: You have received an infraction
    You have started your appeal

I will not be responding further

Please be prepared to share this PM exchange with whoever deals with your appeal
    So the Mod that already gave me Yellow then had a discussion with you after already giving a Yellow and then YOU decided to increase it or the original Mod did?

So it is ok for one user to post up that he hates another group and uses the word hate - but it is not ok to respond?

Is that not a reaction to an already toxic post that deserved a Red to begin with?

============
    Beasty
    Administrator

Adverts | Friends
    It was increased following discussion between mods, CMods and Admin (me). It was pointed out that this was clear abuse of another user. These are relevant extracts from the Charter
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frisbee View Post
    2. Major Offence (see list) will result in a red card infraction....

8. Ban lengths for red card infractions are a minimum of 2 weeks at the discretion of the moderator.....

Major Offences (including but not limited to):
    Abuse of users.
    Trolling
    So your card and ban stand on 2 counts - abuse of user and admitted trolling

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Demosthenese
    Ok - i am going to use the appeal - so can you tell me why you decided to go over the head of your fellow MOD and decide to change an issue already dealt with? so i can assume a response to it.

thanks.
    =========
    Beasty
    Administrator

Adverts | Friends
    Card and ban stands for the reasons I have already given
    scudzilla View Post
    Was talking earlier with a mate about the city game, he says he wants us to lose 1-0, i want us to lose 12-0 to give city goal difference, i want them to know we've thrown the game so bad, my hatred runs so deep

Ok - if you want to go down that route - did you read his post? He openly admits to HATRED. I found it offencive, no i was not trolling but i am sure he either posted his HATRED to entrap or he is actually a complete knob of the highest order. You protect this person from my attack - fine. Can you justify it?

As i said i didn't just decide one day to openly attack a randomer - i was aggrivated by the words he used and thus decided to respond.

I am not unreasonable. Remove the ban and if i post up crap again feel free to ban me for a year.

I still do not understand why the other MOD didn't infringe on this and you have. Why is that?

Beasty wrote:
    So you are admitting to trolling as well

As I've said already, it's all in the Charter, which you are expected to abide by

Two weeks is the minimum ban for a red. I could have applied a longer ban

Quote:
    That was dealt with already by another Mod - why then did you feel the need to alter it and change the decision?

I took it on the chin and accepted the Yellow on the basis that i understood why and can move on. If you look into my posts i must have 1000 posts that are all legit and without any malice.

Come on man. 2 weeks ban for trolling a troll is ridiculous without even a decent warning!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beasty
    Because it was blatant abuse of another poster. Please re-familiarise yourself with the forum charter when you regain access

Quote:
    Eh? why did you upgrade it when it was already dealt with?
    Hopped off a guy that was talking rubbish with a slanted version of more rubbish - it's not like i just came into a forum and spewed for nothing ...
    =========
    Beasty
    Administrator

Adverts | Friends
    Because it was blatant abuse of another poster. Please re-familiarise yourself with the forum charter when you regain access

Quote:
    Eh? why did you upgrade it when it was already dealt with?
    Hopped off a guy that was talking rubbish with a slanted version of more rubbish - it's not like i just came into a forum and spewed for nothing ...

Quote:
    I upgraded it from a yellow to a red

1 red = minimum 2 week ban
    Quote:
    Already received an infraction for the same thing last night mate by thankxforthefish???

do i get banned for the same comment twice over?

Quote:
    Dear Demosthenese,

You have been infracted for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Beasty

Moderator Note

upgraded from yellow following discussion amongst mods, cmods and admins

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Demosthenese View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scudzilla View Post
    Your hatred doesn't run so deep. Your stupidity is so deep it will effect your kids you clown. Should be neutered. Embarrased you call yourself a supporter. You and your mate.

Steve wrote: »
    Hi Demosthenese,

I will take a look at this.

First step:
    Can you please forward or post here the PM conversation with the mod that issued the original card where you attempted to resolve it.

Also, further to that please post any exchange you had with cmods or admins relating to the card upgrade.

This situation is a bit complicated in that I'm being asked to make a finding on actions by both a fellow cmod and an admin, however I have been given remit to do so. Ultimately this will be an admin decision but I will endeavor look at it impartially, apply site and local rules, and hopefully make a recommendation that is fair.

Thanks Steve - posted it all above. Look i can see this type of thing causes alot of wasted time in some cases and although thorough i don't want to be pissing people off or causing you guys to spend ages on the likes of this - for access to a forum! ;))

so i'll trust your judgement after a quick viewing and accept the situation as it is. All i'd like is access to sports back as it's the only thing i use these boards for really,

cheers,

Neal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks Steve - posted it all above. Look i can see this type of thing causes alot of wasted time in some cases and although thorough i don't want to be pissing people off or causing you guys to spend ages on the likes of this - for access to a forum! ;))

so i'll trust your judgement after a quick viewing and accept the situation as it is. All i'd like is access to sports back as it's the only thing i use these boards for really,

cheers,

Neal.
    No worries, just waiting on some final comments from the mods and I'll have a decision.

Hi, I've had a look and discussed with the mods.

The red seems appropriate given what was posted and having applied the current rules.

You posted:

This is clearly a rule breach.

Specifically:
    Policy on Abuse

However, emotional language is not in itself a problem. It is ok to deliver a point passionately, to swear if you so choose, though you can make a point solidly without having to call people / teams / etc names.

The mod team reserve the right to apply their judgement as to a users intent when posting, and issue bans and/or infractions for abuse as neccesary.

And:
    2. Major Offence (see list) will result in a red card infraction. A red card infraction will count as two yellow cards for the purpose of point 3 below.

Major Offences (including but not limited to):
    Abuse of users.

I'm happy, following discussion from the mod that originally yellow carded the post, that the original action was issued in haste due to a busy evening and lots going on, and that it was subsequently the correct course of action to request an upgrade to red.

From what I can see, your ban will expire 2 weeks from 03/03/19.

In light of the above, I can't see any reason to overturn the card.

Per DRP rules, you may appeal to admin if you are unhappy with my finding, please let me know.

Thanks.

Nope - no need to waste anyone's time anymore on this. I don't agree with the overall decision to be honest it's a little ridiculous that someone responds to anothers comments and gets themselves into hot water ... but i accept the decision regardless.

Feel free to close the thread,

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement