Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Credit

• 03-03-2019 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Myself and my partner applied for a mortgage and it came up from my credit check I had a number of missed payments on a credit union loan. We were therefore refused by 2 banks. We went to another bank who said if we had a good explanation for the missed payments they would consider us. Anyone any advice or where to go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

<SNIP>
    The bank will want to know the reason, are you happy to tell them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking, Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Dee111 wrote: »
    We went to another bank who said if we had a good explanation for the missed payments they would consider us. Anyone any advice or where to go from here?

Explain to them why you missed the payments. And don't try to BS them because they will have heard it all before. They are the professional and you are the amateur, so they will see round it, if it does not hold water.

Advertisement