Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola mobiles

• 03-03-2019 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I know it's a vague question but my I phone is giving bit of bother and it's 3 years old.
    Won't be getting another one due to price
    Argos have a few sim free from Motorola
    Any other phoneworth looking at?

Thanks

Comments

for good value options

mi a2 lite (big battery)
    mi a2 (better camera)

honor 9 lite (for NFC if you need it)
    honor 10 lite (newer version also with NFC)

huawei p smart 2019 also seems a good option (NFC also - honor is made by Huawei). available in shops in Ireland. others online or maybe Argos

the honor 10 lite and the p smart 2019 are basically very similar except the 10 lite has a higher rez front selfie camera and is always dual sims. not all p smarts are dual sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Nokia definitely worth considering also.
    They sometimes get ignored in recommendations... whilst Xiaomi and Honor/Huawei usually dominate !

From my own experience Moto smartphones usually offer a solid build.
    However Android updates are quite slow.
    My G5 plus used to receive security updates every quarter, although monthly would have been preferable.

Check prices on Amazon UK DE etc

motorola G5 6 etc tend to use lower-end cpus in a lot of models that's why I think xiaomi and honor are better value.

the moto series were the only decent line of budget phones a couple of years ago but not anymore.

The Moto plus versions get better mid range chipsets though.
    G5 Plus - Snapdragon 625
    G6 Plus - Snapdragon 630
    G7 Plus - Snapdragon 636

• Advertisement

biebiebie wrote: »
    The Moto plus versions get better mid range chipsets though.
    G5 Plus - Snapdragon 625
    G6 Plus - Snapdragon 630
    G7 Plus - Snapdragon 636

yes but those plus phones are a good bit more expensive than the Xiaomis and Huawei/ Honors with similarly powered chips.

e.g. G7 Plus - about 300 euro

Honor / Xiaomi - 200 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I was looking at a G7 plus for my partner. I was going to pull the trigger on it this week. 300 is the absolute max she wants to spend. Is there another android that would have a better all around camera and similar or better specs? Preferably with B20 support. Cheers guys.

glasso wrote: »
    yes but those plus phones are a good bit more expensive than the Xiaomis and Huawei/ Honors with similarly powered chips.

e.g. G7 Plus - about 300 euro

Honor / Xiaomi - 200 euro.
    Yes agreed they can be cheaper all right.
    Moto G6 Plus is about €220 right now (as G7 release).
    You'll find the Motos drop in price nicely after several months though. Worth a camelx3 price watch to bag one cheaper from Amazon.

I was looking at a G7 plus for my partner. I was going to pull the trigger on it this week. 300 is the absolute max she wants to spend. Is there another android that would have a better all around camera and similar or better specs? Preferably with B20 support. Cheers guys.

seems a decent phone.

alternatives

pocophone f1 - more powerful and bigger battery. no nfc if that is needed. g7 plus maybe has a better camera
    (buy from eglobal or honorbuy or here)

Advertisement