Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's beyond clever. They get a brand new taxi which will cost them zero in depreciation and near zero in maintenance with 90% discount on fuel and up to 75% discount on tolls. It is beyond me why not all taxis at least in Dublin are EVs 😎

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It's a no brainer.

Esp with the likes of the 77kwh id4/enyac etc.

Quiet, easy to drive, and also for the customers more comfortable drive rather than the vrrrrrom after each light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Not on the Irish site yet, but orders have gone live on the UK site. £55k LR or £65k performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

LR €70k

P €80k

(correcting the after savings price...)

Whatever way you look at it they are big prices

Post edited by cannco253 on

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

64k for long rang, 5k more than the model 3.

Wonder how long until the standard range comes out as that's my price budget if I sell my module s for the model y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

€70k for the current “base” Long Range offering on Irish site. Well over the €60k upper limit for the SEAI €5k grant …

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭zg3409

Model Y now available for order in Ireland:

Long Range €69,800

Performance €79,478

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/modely

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

€70k for a white LR

€79,500 for a white P

Ouch.

If I was willing to spending €80k on a Tesla, I'd find the extra few quid and go for an S or an X

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

80k and no dance? Why? 😆

You probably have to open and close the doors by yourself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Yikes, the Model Y is looking very expensive. Actually makes the Model S a more attractive price.

• Advertisement

Ouch is right. With the BMW i4 M50 at €78k that makes the Tesla Model Y look expensive. I guess the Model 3 P is not a million miles off the €80k mark either these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I can't see that car selling well here at those prices, I priced one up and it came to €75k. Upgraded the wheels and then the only colour the black wheels actually look good with is red so that was another 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Priced my ideal one and it came to €75k. Lots of potential customers gone from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

75k that’s just really disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Makes the ID4, Q4, EV6 etc all look like bargains !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Indeed. I have an ID 4 ordered(which seems like years now) and the the model Y might have been the one to make me change my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Those standard "Gemini" alloys are woeful looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭wassie

Shame since its at least €5K cheaper in UK and €10K cheaper in France & Germany (I am unsure if there are additional costs such as registration charges payable). Still its not all Tesla's fault as we are continually punished by our own VRT.

They are bargains. This makes even the BMW i4 look like good value. Those prices have taken the Model Y off my shortlist, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Definitely expensive although I saw a top spec ID4 is €64K on CarZone this morning which is not way off.

If a Model Y SR+ is ever released, I wonder will they squeeze it under the €60K price so that it will be €55K on the road with the SEAI grant?

Don't think I would go for a Model Y SR+ if ever released due to range and spec but a significantly lower price might turn my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

"What we don’t have as yet are details of when a seven-seat version of Model Y will be offered to Irish customers."

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

In China, Model Y is sold at 37K EUR for SR+ and 47K EUR for LR. This makes the 70K price tag here look so stupid..

(In comparison, most other EV's have similar prices between China and Europe. Ireland is usually a bit more expensive but the difference isn't like that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think it's very unlikely I'll be getting one at those prices.

I'd envisaged maybe adding a Y to the 3 in about 4-5 years, and having 2 Tesla's in the house. but not at that price!!!

The price in Germany looks like being €58,000.. If I buy one I think I'll buy it there...

"Verdict: Relatively expensive but good enough to see of its rivals"

The Irish Times' editor must have fallen asleep, the journalist's English is poor and his spell checker was turned off 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

At those prices you'd reeeeelly need to be ‘Tesla-only’ to buy the Y when shopping around the current choices, and I think most of those people have already got their Tesla.

can’t imagine buying it ahead of the i4, base or m50, but as so many others have said, I’d probably veer off and have an ID4, with €30k in the glovebox

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

expensive and that’s before the 7 seat option is available, which would be a key selling point to many.

are they spec’d with the 4680 batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Coltrane

Anyone know whether the early Model Ys sold into Ireland will be made in China or in Germany?

I would’ve assumed MIC initially, migrating to Brandenburg as it ramps up, but some of the UK reviews are stating that all RHDs will be MIC for the foreseeable.

If they brought out an SR+ RWD version on around the €60k mark, I’d say it would do well here, and would eat into ID.4 sales

I’d say to coincide with the Model Y deliveries in Ireland, we’ll see a fair few 2nd Model 3’s hitting the market, as it seems a lot of M3 owners will be upgrading to a Y.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Better off with a used S and loads of change in your pocket

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement