Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Thanks seems to be hit and miss, some of the reviews talk about European shipping must be pot luck

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

You can have multiple cars in your app, phone keys are a separate thing that you can add/delete as needed. If you both have the app things like software updates, car is preheated, window left open notifications will appear on both phones. I'd say wait until you have the car as don't think it will be an issue.

Driver profiles are a separate thing to the app so you just set up your individual profiles in the car then you can pair the profile with a specific phone key which means it'll automatically set that profile when you/wife unlock the car. Profiles are cloud based now so will remember your preferences from one car to the next, not 100% this will work from a 3 to Y as some things like mirror, steering wheel positions etc would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

The HOEGH CHIBA cars arrived in Dublin 2 days after it docked in Zeebrugge. So IF there were Irish RHDs on the DREAM ORCHID, they could conceivably be in Dublin on the 24th of March. But we'd be notified of VINs long before that if they were, because Tesla would be doing everything they could to get as many as possible to customers before the end of March. Given that the HOEGH CHIBA cars won't start to be delivered to customers until 9? days after arrival in Ireland, I think it unlikely that Tesla will try to deliver anything else to Ireland in Q1. I would have expected some tightening of the date ranges for outstanding orders before now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Sorry, you're right, I mixed up the HOEGH CHIBA arrival date and the THAMES HIGHWAY departure date.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Delighted to say my black Model Y is going to one of the forum's regulars!

So still have my blue Model Y available (RWD, no options). Collection 24th, so 2 weeks from today. Tesla is putting me under pressure to proceed, so if no takers in the next few days, I'll just cancel. Let me know if you're interested. You will be the first owner, the car will be registered in your name, you pay Tesla directly, so no risk I will run away with your money 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Fair play Unkel I guess as long as the buyer is happy 👍

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Sure why not, you’ll drive the fb lads into overdrive 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Do you offer an Unkel Contract Plan with guaranteed future replacement by an absolute bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

getting ready for collection in couple of week.

coming from an Audi Q4 to a MY LR, the main difference i see are :

price : Audi Q4 is way overpriced for what you get , same spec Audi Q4 €69k, MY 54k

performance: 0-100 Q4 = 8.5 MY 5.0 sec

audi Q4 40 204 hp; torque 310Nm

MYLR 514 hp, torque: 493NM

efficiency: audi is quite poor in bad weather, recent runs at 120kph are 270Wh/km, MY somewhere around 220Wh/km in poor weather. (20% more efficient on motorway)

charging: Q4 max charge 125kw; MY max charge 250kw.

tech: Q4 tech is very laggy, nav is virtually unusable (thank god for apple car play) , phone app is very buggy, touchscreen GUI is very laggy and unresponsive , no support and no updates.

extras on MY that were not on Q4: rear heated seats, sunroof, heated steering wheel, blind spot, autopilot,

finish: some minor panel gaps on Q4, interior is less premium than previous audi cars. Base don test drives MY looked and felt just as good.

handling: Q4 felt very heavy and lot of roll into corners even at relatively low speeds. The test drives i have had in MY have been brilliant regarding handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

On the plus side, the q4 doesn’t look like it was excreted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I can confirm that he is!

While there are mixed opinions on the forum about the practice of selling on your deposit I can really only comment on my position which was -

Pay extra to get the car I want (exact same colour and spec. I'd ordered) in 2 weeks time or wait until supposed April-May, probably June, possibly September. In which time the grant might be gone or reduced. I'm also stuck with a loan of my son's 2004 Corolla when he's not using it. Against that I might get an inventory car next week but it probably won't be the colour I want or I'll end up paying extra for something I don't want anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

Cant say I would know what an excreted car should look like ;) or that i spent a lot of time looking at the outside of any car I’ve owned, but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roosca

Just had my delivery date on my model Y LR updated by Tesla this morning from Feb-March to June -August . Looks like that will be the next delivery window

Ouch! If Tesla says June-August it nearly always in the later end of the slot. That means possibly missing out on the SEAI €5k grant. Although nobody knows what if anything will happen to the subsidy.

I'd say if you don't have a VIN by now, you're unlikely to get your car until after the 232 plates. Unless you get lucky and get a cancellation

Just had my delivery date on my model Y LR updated by Tesla this morning from Feb-March to June -August . Looks like that will be the next delivery window. However if I go to place a new order for the identical car the delivery date is suggesting April - May . How can Tesla suggest an earlier delivery date for the same car when for an existing order , its a number of months later.?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I see the white MYP for 67k is now gone.

Anyone on here?

• Advertisement

My MY LR date has gone from April - May to 25th April - 11th May 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

exactly! On the inside you can’t hear the screams of others. Exactly the same in my multipla!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Akula

Two questions.

1. is the FSD beta available here?
    2. how easy is it to get the order fee refunded.

1. Nope. I wish it was :-( best case scenario early 2024 at this stage. There are some perks though. If your FSD car doesn't yet have it, Tesla will upgrade all the hardware to the latest version for free. My car got upgraded to HW3 (hardware 3) by the previous owner. That's the same hardware as went into the latest Model S / X that were for sale in Ireland last year
    2. Easy. An email will do the trick, pointing out to Tesla that under EU law you are entitled to your deposit back under distant selling rules. Search this thread for the exact email address or when @Gumbo reads this, he will tell you off the top of his head

What date did you order your LR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Sorry , asking Foreign Sports … first time using boards.ie

Ordered Y LR (white / black) on 19th February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Keep a close eye on inventory stock.

I just ordered a Red MYP for €64309

A €7950 discount !!

Unfortunately they can't transfer the funds of my paid for MYLR due for collection next week so by the time they refund and I transfer the money again it will probably add 2-3 weeks to the collection date.

I'm sure the MYLR I ordered will be going back into inventory early next week.

It's a MYLR in red, even if they discounted it by less than 2k it would sneak under €60k and be grant eligible.

With the potential for cancelled orders to flock back into inventory over the next few weeks there could be some good deals to be had.

Shame I didn't use financing through Tesla or it would have been slightly less of a headache waiting for the refund.

Advertisement