Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

100%. I reckon you’d be taking another 2-3k hit privately.

I know as I had mine up for 45k for a few weeks. Graham was the only genuine person interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've a redmi note 11 and before that I had the 10 and the 8. All of them don't work well with my model 3.

Some days the phone will connect automatically when I'm in the car but mostly I have to connect it using the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roosca

Model Y delivery - Ordered a Black Model Y LR with no options in Jan 2023 with Expected Delivery Feb-March at point of order. At the end of March Delivery changed to April-May, Then sometime later changed to June-Sept , then back to April-May , then 19th of May- 6th of June and a Vin appeared on my app ,then came request for balance of payment and request for SEI form information which I duly paid and completed. I was certain that I was at then end of all of the false information from Tesla and felt it was safe to sell my existing car ahead of my New Y which I did. Then on Saturday 20th , delivery was updated to 23 June-30 June. Called Tesla yesterday to find out what was happening as I now have no trust in Tesla providing any credible information. Help centre operator was able to tell me that my car had not yet left China but he could see that it was due in on the 21.06.23 and mentioned that it is about a 3 weeks passage from China to Europe. Asked if he was certain that I would have my Y in the current delivery window and the reply was that his view was that he was 80% certain that I would. Warning to those ordering new Tesla's to not trust any of the information that Tesla provide on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Guys is there away to enable tesla vision?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If a hard reset doesn’t sort it, you have to log it in app and they remotely do something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Right, for anyone getting one of these cars I highly highly recommend you print off a vent cover for the rear floor vents.

Just had a ranger rip the car apart to get a lipstick that fell into the HVAC system. Was driving me mental for weeks. He had to take out the seats and pull up the carpet and take out the ducting. All for a lipstick. It rolled under the seats and straight into the vent. If you have kids there's a higher chance of getting stuff caught in there.

I've printed off covers now and fitted them so it will hopefully not happen again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I was wondering why they sold these things on Amazon and Ali express etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

The Aliexpress ones are cheap and do a perfect job. They stick to the carpet with velcro and stop any debris going into the vents underneath the seats.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNtbjxW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

On another note, I felt that the headlights on the car were angled very high so I adjusted them slightly using the service menu thinking it was dipping the headlights like a normal car. I now think I've put them out of alignment possibly. Is this something I can fix myself with a visit to a garage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Could somebody help me make sense of this erratic consumption being displayed. As you can see the green line at the start was fine then it jumped dramatically a number of times. This is a new thing in the last few days. For context I am driving in chill and don’t (despite the warning) aggressively accelerate. It’s probably unrelated but there was an update during the week. (I may/may not be the reason but driving styles havnt changed in the last few days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Is it just a wide view of a very short trip that used 0.5% battery.? I think it's just an unusual view of what would normally be showing for a much longer trip, and is an normally seen as a straight line mostly on a much longer view of things. Open to correction of course by the more experienced Tesla users here.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah I would agree only that similar trips to work have displayed similar graphs when previously it’s was as you would expect and a line without the massive drops.

it doesn’t even nearly follow the estimated line

Post edited by usernameunknown on

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

This is nothing unusual and is influenced by many factors, the terrain, incline, acceleration , braking and the car can never fully predict as this is often down to user style . Having said that because the graph is just over a short distance of 2.3 km it looks erratic but when you look at the scale it is anything but/ Also if you look at the individual components that influence consumption it just 0.1% different (due to elevation) and by any objective standards this is as next to "bang on" as anyone should reasonably expect. You can also see this reflected in the predicted line (grey) and actual which converge at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Hello. Does anyone have any advice on where to source roof rails for MY?

Greendrive only do suction cup ones, and they are out of stock.

Plugear have decent set for €240, but out of stock.

Tesla own brand are €525 which is a lot!

Thanks!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I bought the SEXY buttons for my Model Y. The app has allowed me to disable the auto wipers and high beams when using auto pilot, I've programmed a button to give me manual control over the battery heater. Other thing I added was a 3s pull on the driver door handle to pop the frunk. I don't have too many uses for the buttons themself.

https://enhauto.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thanks. No refund or response from UK id. No response at all. Any alternatives please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

go to the exisiting inventory page, there will be a chat with us box appear, click that, chat with them and tell them as per distance selling regs in Ireland, you are due a refund on your deposit

simples

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

Is there any way to turn on the heated seats and steering wheel from the app without the AC or Fan heating being engaged?

Whenever I select just the seat or fan in the app, the whole interior heating element comes on. I know you can do it whilst in the car but this is for the morning commute before I enter the car

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

There should be a quick action button to turn them on when you click the 3 dots on the bottom bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Just ordered one of these from Greendrive. Code QELEQ gives 10% off so got the two button version for €185. They have a version as well without the buttons for around €125.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

BMW have had 8 shortcut buttons for 15+ years now, they v handy. Great to see them making a comeback here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I wasn't aware BMW had buttons that allowed you to access features that weren't available via menu's. Most people have to use bimmercode to achieve that. You might be surprised to learn that people have been working around vehicle limitations for a long time. Why would you expect Tesla owners to be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

totally agree - Car enthusiasts have been finding workarounds for software limitations for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

Thanks, that's in the car itself though when you're seated right, not from the app itself?

Apparently it used to be a feature in the app in a different version of the software but seems to have either been sidelined or in some other spot in the app which I can't find

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

I don't think so actually, just tried it there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

What kind of losses do (LR) owners see with their home charging?

Last night, according to our Smart Meter we consumed 17.92 kWh between 02:00 and 04:30.

Our residual consumption that time of the night is 0.05 kWh/30 min, so 17.72 kWh net consumption for the car.

The Tesla App says the car got 14kWh charging during that time (66% -> 85%) which is rounded, I suspect down, because some other nights 19% gets 15kWh. So let’s call it 14.5 kWh.

Which works out around 18% losses (using a Wall Connector 3).

Is that high/reasonable ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I measured my LFP 3 twice and both times it was very close to 8.5%, maybe there would be a difference on the LR Y but absolutely not at a level of 18%

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Sounds quite a high thermal loss. Same as running a bathroom fan heater for three hours. I can't see that much energy just dissipating as losses without something getting very hot in the process unless the car decided to heat the battery for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Our TM3 has been charging for several hours albeit on a low setting to 10A and the radiator and other bits are at ambient temperature. The coolant pump is running so it's doing something though, probably cooling the charger module which is in the main battery pack.

Advertisement