Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Do, book a ticket, they can check the logs remotely and dig into it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The only way to loose 9% over night is sentry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

9% in ~12hrs is not even possible with sentry mode, something is wrong there, I have a 3 with nothing on at night and I rarely even drop a single percentage and the car could be on the driveway a full day not in use if WFH

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I had a 192 loaner 3 and sentry was on at home. It lost 9% consistently over 3 nights.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's crazy, when on holidays last year I had Sentry on the 22 M3 I have and it lost ~4-5% a full day, perhaps the number of triggers increase usage but I would not have thought so

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Definitely the amount of triggers would have a big effect.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Have you tried rebooting and try again? Could be a software glitch where a process is stuck in a loop and the car is not going into 'deep sleep' mode over night. Worth a try I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Coming up on four months ownership of the Y , terrific car but I reckon I’ll give a more high performance model 3 a go next time round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Do you have any third party apps?

When you turn on app does car wake immediately, or does it take a short while which it should do if properly asleep?

Only other thing I can think of is 12v battery problem, though would not use as much of main battery as you have quoted.

I find my car (Model 3 RWD) uses 1% or so a week when not being used and properly asleep.

As others have said, book a service request if not resolved.

It’s possible it’s also become more energy efficient since I last used it. I don’t use it at home as house has cctv so cannot confirm it would currently use the same amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I don't use it at home either as there's also cctv, but I do use it in work where there's a lot of coming and going during the day while the car is parked.

Monday had 9 sentry events and used 1%, Tuesday had 42 events and used about 6%, Wednesday had 6 and again used very little but the seagulls made up for that.

If your car is using 9%, then there's definitely something wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

Do you have anything plugged in the car? Like cig charger. It looks like the car never goes to sleep. Do you have WI-FI connection? SOmetimes if the WI-FI is bad it will keep trying and keep the car awake. In the energy app there is a tab which tells you how much energy the car used while parked since last drive and since last charge. Look in there and see what it says. Log a ticked with them and tell them the period the car was stationary and they can dig the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Has anyone noticed on update 2023.20.7 when navigation is on and you open an app that covers the maps side of the screen no directions show over the visualisations side?

directions used to pop up so you could see the directions when you have the maps covered with let’s say Spotify or whatever. now nothing happens when you have an app open covering the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Anyone installed an aftermarket HUD/driver display screen like this?

Trying to keep the missus happy and wondering if these things affect your warranty or are any good at all?

Doesn't necessarily have to be this one, but curious to hear of others experience with things like this. Thanks

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

Silly question perhaps but for the past six weeks we have been charging the Y almost every night, we have the car set to commence charging at 2am in order to coincide with the lowest cost time for charging ( 2am to 5 am )

we Effectively can top up from around 75% to 100% each night within three hours

any downside to this practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

No downside as long as it is a RWD with LFP battery... You can safely do so if it works for you.

For other models with different batteries charging to 100% is not recommended on an ongoing basis. You can find all of these recommendations in Owners Manual. For the most efficient use of the Battery Management System calibration (used to calculate range) it is best if ratings can be taken across various states of charge (100% to 0%) so your usage pattern may not be optimal and perhaps you would consider occasionally letting the battery levels go into the lower spectrum and also letting the car "sleep" occasionally (a few hours where everything is switched off (including Sentry and the phone app)..

Hope I haven't confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

About the diffusion before on resale value. Cars in general are currently not the depreciation sinks they were a few days ago, it would seem:

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I thought resale values were tanking? Or so I keep seeing around here!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The only people spreading those whispers are buyers 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is battery health still a consideration when deciding to charge via AC or DC ?

Or does thermal management make all that moot nowadays?

I have a choice of free chargers in a hotel car park that charges by the hour. Do I go for the 1 hour 75kW CCS charger or for a 6-7 hour session on the 11kW?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Not sure about warranty but I fitted one at the weekend. Got the 10" model which oddly seems to have a lower resolution versus the 9" model. Good video here for the 9" model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcRns6UddM

Missed CarPlay-specific apps a lot; things Tesla does not offer in its infotainment system. I bought from a different seller who has been clueless for support: no English instructions, no OTA updates or themes. Gave me an update to install which then removed WiFi functionality. Opened a dispute and ordered another unit from the seller you have linked after checking a few things with them first.

Fitting it was easy enough - just ignore the instructions all the sellers are copying and pasting. Both connectors were on the driver's side but the blue one was kinda hidden away - no need to unbutton the glovebox or passenger side. Dashboard popped off very easily, as least with a second pair of hands.

Screen quality isn't outstanding compared to the car's display but fits in pretty well. With the reports of the Tesla display going blank, it's useful having a secondary display for speed and whatnot. It will block airflow from the AC slightly, even with the little diffuser thing they include - just something to keep in mind.

To get audio, you have to switch car's source to Bluetooth. Need to set iPhone to send audio to the car speakers instead of the display's tinny built-in speaker as well.

There are Android and Linux based ones. Personally, I prefer the Linux ones with less bloat without all the 4G, GPS, front camera add-ons - have the main display for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I've finally booked a service request to get the wind noise from rear window addressed. They're quoting me €120. I'm assuming this will be covered under warranty with just over 9k on the clock ?

One of the points of a Tesla is to move away from this nonsense of crowding the forward view and instead offer a clean line of sight with no distractions.

The current speed is easily read from the screen without turning your head, and in an EV you have no need of revs. Trip computer is in the menu system, do you really need to "see" your indicators?

Honestly, give it a week and I believe any driver will comfortably adjust and then appreciate the simpler view in a Tesla, and never look back. HUDs are just clinging to the old perspective but I guess if they are offering a data point that you can't get from the screen/menu system and that datapoint is a must have for a particular driver....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

In all the cars I've driven I've never thought that my forward view was crowded by having vehicle controls below the eyeline only blocking my view of a dashboard.

I've gotten used to the setup in the Model Y, but wouldn't go so far as to say I appreciate it. I think the only motivator behind not having a binnacle was cost savings, not some desire to improve safety by reducing the distraction of displaying data in your line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

I’m not sure if this has been referenced before but has anyone experienced black screen before? I’ve fixed it with a soft reset but it’s happening quite a lot and is annoying when you want to get going. Also, experiencing a lot of network connectivity errors. Time to get a ranger out?

My point is - give it time to allow the adjustment and not rush into putting something unnecessary back into the the field of view here, and the underlying suggestion being "the women" needs it [to operate the vehicle].

Give it a chance, I'd be surprised if anyone wouldn't adjust confidently.

If a traditional view was what one wanted there's always an ID4 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Frequency of both of these issues has increased..It has been referenced by many. Seems likely that these relate to latest software as opposed to the car. I would just be patient and wait for next update.

No downside. No matter what car you have. It’s been used daily so not sitting at 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

I thought I read/was told you should avoid charging to 100% regularly as it increases wear on the battery. The advice was to charge to about 80% unless you were going on a long trip.

No?

Advertisement