Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I had the issue again this morning from home. The car connected and showed as parked outside. I kicked off the climate and got an error. It then wouldn't connect to the car again and was telling me last seen 4 minutes ago. The odd thing it the lock and unlock button would work fine even though it was not showing as connected. I have no issue with Spotify etc in the car but it doesn't always show real time heavy traffic.

It might be time to book a remote service call.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭DrPsychia

Perhaps your headlights were adjusted by the previous owner? I find Tesla are by far the worst modern offenders for dazzling drivers as the automatic adjustment for the drivers side headlight unit is calibrated too high. Any time I'm blinded by dipped lights on an oncoming car nowadays it's almost always a Tesla or boy-racer. The matrix bulbs are fantastic in terms of strength and overall spread. I think Volvo/Polestar is the closest competitor I've tried for overall coverage and visability.

RSymons made a video recently demonstrating the issue of miscalibration in Teslas and how you should calibrate them. Ideally it should be done using a machine to measure the headlight focus/level but the manual way shown in RSymon's video is better than none. https://youtu.be/vAuOl6SfaVg?si=3uIOzyD-wCdSLnaB

On the issue of condensation, I think it's either caused by shoddy engineering/quality control. BMW's and Mercs are the most common for headlight/taillight condensation from my experience, I haven't seen it yet in a Tesla. I think units are supposed to be sealed to prevent vapour ingress. Volvo treat it as a warranty replacement if their cars develop condensation in the units, I don't know about other brands approach.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought direct from Tesla. But I actively look after my own cars so keep on top of such issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭traco

I try to that but still end up with some faint lines, maybe not swirls per se.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

You can point the downwards, see here

search for "headlight adjustment"

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Auto connect to hotspot

If you have an iPhone and you have a seperate Spotify account, and want to connect automatically to your hotspot, follow this. Works a treat!! No need to pay €10 a month. You lose out on sat imagery, traffic and remote monitoring of sentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭lau1247

You should be able to override it by turning it off from the stalk if not mistaken

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, but each time you change lane, or whatever, it reactivates..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It reactivates each time you engage with CC or AP, yes agreed, it is annoying but now something I subconsciously disengage with the flick of a finger

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I got the sexy buttons (for other reasons) one of it's options is to prevent the auto high beam turning on when using autopilot. I think it's just automating the flicking them off again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The SEXY buttons are great if you want customisation, they can interface and give you functionality like regen levels etc that no longer appear in newer models

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I find the fog lights automatically turning off a worse feature.

Was driving up to Airport a few weeks ago on a foggy morning with the sunlight breaking through above. Was giving out about the number of cars with no rear fog light on, yet a few times when I looked at the screen mine had also turned off..🙄

Ohh right. I have EAP so not sure if it’s the same. I also never deactivate the auto head lights. Never had a reason to…..yet

If you have your headlights on auto, everytime your lights go off and then back on, the fogs will be deactivated.

Same happens on my G30 5 series.

Yes, but they activate automatically when turning on auto pilot, even if you have auto lights off. At least with the high beams you can quickly see and deactivate, but fogs aren't as obvious.

Fogs or high beams? I think there’s a mix up here?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

My '23 Model Y had this habit of turning on the high beams on main roads in Dublin that have street lights, absolutely not a place where a person needs the extra lighting provided by a full beam.

Both😊. I don't have front fogs, only rear one. But it also turns off when auto is activated by autopilot. (if bright overhead..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I'm curious... How do folks on here charge their MY?

I've a MYLR and when the battery gets to about 40% I tend to top it up to 80% as per the app advice not to go above 80% regularly which is fine for me most of the times.

Wondering what others tend to do. 😀

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Pretty much the same except as I have the RWD I top up to 100%. Generally one charge a week unless heading off somewhere at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Need to get two tyres for a Model Y as have a slow puncture from a thorn in the sidewall. I'm trying to figure out if it is really worth forking out for 'EV' tyres. From looking online it is claimed that the EV tyres will in general be quieter and more efficient. Looking at the Hankook EVOs though, there are multiple versions with varying prices.

The Tesla version has A B B rating and costs €257.78 each

Meanwhile one of the non EV versions is €80 less, similar grip and efficiency and is quieter.

Any good reason not to go with the cheaper version? Or anybody found better value elsewhere?

Thanks

Hankook ION are getting good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

The EV version has a sound absorber fitted which should make them quieter but unlikely to be worth the price differential. That said I wouldn’t spend that money on Hankook tyres, at those prices you’ll get Pirelli, Goodyear etc. possibly even Michelin. If you are hellbent on the Hankook’s, Oponeo are selling an EV version for €246

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I had to replace a tyre after a side wall damage. Bought this one last June, came with the foam inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

get the best tyres for the size, even if it means not specifically EV tyres - there's a bit of hype around them that may or may not be true.

For the country we're in you should be looking for tyres that have the highest possible wet grip for your bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Before concluding that the price should be the facto given priority in selecting tyres be aware that there are usually two good reasons why electric vehicles require dedicated tyres. EV’s because of battery are usually extremely heavy and need tyres capable/ suited to extra weight and wear and tear is usually high. Also as others have mentioned they are designed to reduce noise which otherwise is much more noticeable in an EV because if the silent engine compared to experiences in ICE cars.

Obviously it’s a personal choice, it’s just that it’s not a like for like comparison so other factors than price are worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Hankooks are model Y specific , and proper Tesla ones Have T O stamped on the side (Tesla original)

I got irish supplied T O tyres recently, but my tyre man is very knowledgeable and had the only set in the country, he’s renowned for stocking high performance tyres in short supply.

as there’s practically no other maintenance on Teslas I wouldn’t skimp on not getting model specific tyres. False economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Would you not get the puncture repaired? I had a slow puncture in the rear left tyre of my MY and got it repaired a few weeks ago. It’s been perfectly fine. €16 instead of €260…

Advertisement