Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭lau1247

In your logbook (Or Tesla's account under the Proof of Registration), you will find the Engine code. That will correspond to the below table for Model Y (if it is MIC)

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modely/en_cn/GUID-E414862C-CFA1-4A0B-9548-BE21C32CAA58.html

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

So 3D3 and 3D7 listed = 137 + 194 = 331 kW = 444 BHP

But some of that is probably only unlocked when you purchase acceleration boost I suspect.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Been reading through this thread and found a lot of useful information. I'm debating whether to pull the trigger on a Model Y. Still torn between the RWD and the LR. What are peoples thoughts on the current discounts. Will I wait for the discount to re-appear in January and get a 241 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

Bought a MY LR in march from inventory , not sorry. cost me €5k over RWD . Love the car.

if discount on the MY (i assume some inventory offers will arrive over next few weeks) is matching the depreciation , then go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Did you get a discount on that inventory car when buying in March? Still mulling it over myself but the closer we get to January 1st the more buying a 232 plate now would potentially bother me, if I knew there'd be discounted cars going in the first half of 2024 I'd definitely just wait (even just the original 6%, doesn't need to be 10%). I had some scratches on my 3 that I needed to get repaired before selling/trading, I didn't think I'd be able to get that done before the end of the year but I got a cancellation and got these fixed yesterday. So I could still buy now but leaning towards waiting anyway.

I will definitely be getting the AWD, being able to charge the standard range to 100% would have been very handy for the past 4 years when I didn't have a charger but I will get getting one fairly shortly so capping the daily driving charge at 80% on the AWD makes no difference to me. Would rather have the extra power and slightly better range of the AWD, €7k extra isn't a huge amount to pay if you're keeping the car 8+ years like I'm planning to. I do 10,000km a year so not massively worried about degradation either, it would need to degrade about 18% just to match the range of the standard range car when new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Questions over the battery, and the AWD feel is a lot more vanilla than the RWD. Mightn't bother anyone buying an appliance mind you.

The battery bit will annoy you over the long term though - not really allowed access the longer range consistently without hurting the battery, and a lot sooner than 8 years the range being the same anyway.

It will depend on individual use cases whether the LR additional range is worth it or not. I've a weekly trip that I nearly always return from with <10% remaining in the LR, usually less than 6/7%. I don't think I'd be able to do the trip in a RWD without a quick splash at Ionity, even if I brimmed it at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've a 4 year old Model 3 with 40,000km on the clock and it's stated range is reading about 11% degradation in that time and I've been charging it to 90%.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

that’s what I’m thinking too. Better to have the money in my pocket now than waiting for higher resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Discounts normally appear near the end of the quarter, so if you want a 241 plate, then you probably will have to wait until March. Otherwise, go for the 232 discounts and get delivery quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Spot on. Avail of the discount and don't worry about the 241 plate and resale. A 5k discount is a huge amount of supercharging 😁

It's still much of a muchness. The 5k lower price now roughly corresponds to a year's depreciation, which is what you'd 'save' by holding off until Q1 2024. There isn't really a right or wrong decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Anyone found the auto wipers so bad of late that they’re unusable? Previously worked fine for me.

Can live with them not being sensitive enough when it’s raining as I can turn them up manually, but the new thing is them going like crazy on bone dry days when the sun is shining

Essentially means I can no longer use lane assist as you can’t turn off the wipers with lane assist on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Usually a bit of dirt in front of the cameras. I find a clean usually sorts that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Autowiper useless at the moment, complaints all over Tesla Motors club.

Other things that is annoying the hell out of me at the moment is auto- defogging - again complaints all over the Tesla Motors Club.

Wipers were fine for me until two updates ago, auto-defogging has been a pain the last 2 weeks.

Gave the auto-defogging a benefit of the doubt in the cold snap (even though all windows were clear when it was enabling itself), but its still happening this weekend with the cold snap gone.

What’s auto defogging?

I leave my AC settings as follows :

auto.

Adjust temp only. Never once have any fogging on windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Yep have mine set to auto all the time, when auto-defogging kicks in, it blasts hot air upwards towards the windscreen (orange de-mist icon wil come on below the temp with the text auto-defogging). This might happen for 5 mins, stop for a minutte, start back again for a couple of mins etc. No option to disable in settings, only option is to turn climate control to manual.

Theres a thread on it on the first page of UK Forum on TMC, for some strange reason link wont work.

Also don't have fogging on winscreen, back window, side mirrors etc...thats my point, if there was then I wouldn't mind.

Slowly coming to the conclusion that anything "auto" related with Tesla is a bit too unreliable don't get me wrong -great cars for efficiency, eco- system (superchargers, accessories, third party apps), good infotainment system (but completely overhyped). I like the car a lot MYP, just don't love it.

Ok. I’ve never had auto defog kick in to be honest across all 3 of my Teslas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

.E

Me neither over 4yrs and 2 Tesla's.

Also find wipers fine on the Y since March, don't wipe enough in misty weather the same as my old Golf and my wife's BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Wipers are terrible. I see auto defog kicking in a lot these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 DaithiDooDoo

Anybody else having connection issues with their phone key the last couple of days? iPhone

No issues here. Did you install an OTA update recently? Worth trying the two button reset. If that doesn't work, delete the Bluetooth pairing and reconnect. See how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Yes, same on Android/Samsung. Did update about a week ago

No issues with phonekey whatsoever but the last month I’m having issues with the phone connecting to the car for Bluetooth calls.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. I have to click the screen and connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭DrPsychia

I don't understand why Tesla wouldn't add a simple rain sensor. They must be incredibly cheap when buying at scale. Simple and effective. Elon said back in Q2 there would be a fix only a couple months away...... Elon and his promises yet again...

The release of the holiday update with the high fidelity park assist changes, 2023.44.30.1 has started in the UK.

Has anyone here installed the update yet? Interested in hearing first impressions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

Got it this morning on the Y without even checking if I have an update. It just popped on my app that I should connect to wifi. Surprising as I'm on standard and usually very late to get updates. Some difference in the projected trajectory.

interesting visualization of the pillar

thermal visualization of the kerb

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Software Updates get rolled out to cars over a period (no all at once). For anyone who has yet to get the latest update ...it's only a matter of time so patience is required. Car's software (and mobile app) checks for available updates only once every 24 hours. When update is available to download you will see it on your mobile app as being available to download.

• Advertisement

44.30.32 installing just now.

It mentions the door pillar cameras are now available on sentry mode live viewing. That’s a welcome addition.

Also blind spot red warning when indicators are on and it detects something alongside you.

Edit sorry. It’s on a Model 3. So possibly wrong thread.

Advertisement