Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jobrien19

Is this directly from Tesla? Do you have a link would love to take a look.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dont forget he has a business group target that want cars now rather than wait. They also don’t get the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bonafideskid

The quotation facility is available on the support page of the Tesla Ireland website.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I do high milage, about 40k km per year so seriously tempted If I still have the car next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bonafideskid

One stipulation elsewhere on the website appears to be that your Tesla is made between 2015-2020 but I don't see this provision replicated during the quotations process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Anyone else a bit cheesed that they didn't order a black MY instead of a white when they were both free?

Feel like I missed out on a €1200-ish bonus to my car value.

Ah well...

About €10k difference between LR and RWD now. I'm not sure I'd have been able to justify the €10k for the LR now. Great car all the same.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

do ye reckon there will be an increased number of second hand Model Y's coming to the market in the coming weeks with the price drops in the last few days?

Or too soon…….as in when did the Tesla model Y go on sale in Ireland for the masses? Most are prob Amy only about a year old I think

what normally happens with Tesla trade ins? Do tesla take them and sell them on or wha? (Sorry for my ignorance here, not sure how the Tesla trade in's work)

Post edited by obi604 on

The price drops won’t initiate a surge in second hand sales as they are the same car no real reason to upgrade. Unlike the M3, which is a facelift model.

Model Y came here in 2022, late I think and only the LR version at €70k’ish.

Tesla trade in is the same as BYD. They send the details to the trade who offer for it on the blind and send you the highest bid. Usually a lot lower than market value and even lower than a traditional trade in value with other dealers.

The bulk model Y started selling from March 2023 onwards. so these cars are not a year old yet.

Im one of those buyers. You will not see any meaning volume of 2nd hand Y's until the facelift comes out or just prior

Last time I looked cheapest was 44/45k which isn't realistic if you can buy new for 41/42k. But again these are mostly re-sellers.

However when the facelift does launch I would expect new prices back to 46k for the RWD so will take some pressure off the 2023 2nd hand cars.

A realistic price for a RWD 231 Y when reductions go probably sits somewhere below 40k? maybe lower given the facelift model will be imminent. Similar to the model 3 you'll have decent segment wanting to jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

With white not really suiting the MY shape you're looking at just under 44k for a new MY in a desirable colour now. Inventory may be cheaper of course.

• Advertisement

pointless comment.

I think white is the colour that suits it best, fair enough if you don't like it but you can't automatically state a colour needs to be added thus starting price is 44k

pardon my ignorance, what is meant in this scenario by 'Inventory' I see this word mentioned a a lot but not sure what it means in this context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭traco

In stock and available almost immediately after prep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It means a car already in stock or not allocated to anyone and on the way to Tesla Dublin, an alternative way to purchase a Tesla without ordering one from scratch on the website

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

thanks, noted, so essentially the bulk of people only bought from march 2023 onwards so none will be looking to get in to a newer car after less than a year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd have no interest in white, the only colour I wouldn't have. Kind of annoying that's the only free one now and it works out at nearly €2000 to go with anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

White looks good with the black wheels (or black wheel trims). Not so good with the standard Gemini trims. Mind you, the standard trims are so rotten that they kill all the other colours too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

There's always the option of getting the car wrapped, you're looking at around 2k to 2.5k and have a broader choice of colours. I

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

You can dress it in whatever colour you want; it's still not going to win any beauty contests :) Did anyone buy a Model Y for its looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well I wouldn't have white on any car, nothing to do with Tesla specifically. I was trying to buy a used Golf GTi a few years back and there were loads of white ones on the market... not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

there will be a dribble of 2nd hand Ys on the market for a long time yet.

a lot of Y owners either came from a 3, and don’t have anywhere else to go bar another Y, and also plenty early Y owners who paid those early prices and are unlikely to come out of them until the depreciation curve starts to flatten a little or they are running out of (non-battery) warranty at 80,000.

its the same reason why the 3 is 4 years in Ireland and there’s barely 10-15 for sale that represent something even remotely considered ‘value’.

e.g. theres a private ad for a white 211 m3 LR on Carzone for €45.5k with the sales pitch “now priced €6k less than a new one”. Thats what you’re dealing with.

TLDR: the price cuts mean the Y will follow the same behaviour as the 3 in the 2nd hand market. Just buy a new one.

good call outs. looks like the 2nd hand market will be quiet so in this area.

what is the battery size of the rear wheel drive, with all teslas nice websites etc,. cant seem to find the bloody battery size

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Graham Walker may suit non private buyers that can get cars when they need them, don’t qualify for a grant and have a trade in to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Has anybody been experiencing random boot opening? It's happened a couple of times in the last few days - neighbours texting to say the boot is open when at home, OH texting me to say the boot is open when at the shops... Obviously not a good situation and, though it sounds like a software issue, I'd expect more people to be affected if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

This has happened to me also. Got a message when at supermarket to say boot was unlocked. A few other issues also like the lights remaining on after i lock car ( intermittent ..not always). I am presuming it's a software bug and will be rectified with next release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I had this happen to me before when I was on holidays and a neighbour notified me and a few other times too. But this has stopped since I put the Tesla App into a folder and also removed the Tesla Widget (Using iOS). Turns out, I accidentally touch the open boot button without even knowing. Give that a try and see if that helps. Last thing you want is your boot opening during this stormy weather!

First Ultra Red/Midnight Cherry Red MY, for those that like the colour.

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Had a problem with the voice commands this morning. Saying that there's a connection error. Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

So I've removed the widget just in case, but I'm pretty sure the last time it happened - when I was at the shops - my phone was safely tucked away in my coat pocket. Anyway, I put in a service request and they're going to take a look at it.

Advertisement