Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭DrPsychia

FBD, AXA, Allianz, Zurich, Chill, CoverInaClick, InsureMyCar. I got good quotes from most of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

In the last 60 days?

It has all changed unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭DrPsychia

(all prices as follows before dealer fees)

ID4 pro with new motor(286hp, 6.7 seconds 0-100kph), €45k base:

Add adaptive cruise/lane keep assist, keyless entry, upgraded mobile phone app capability, electric boot, front + rear parking sensors + rear camera, and internet package (RRP €3,265.00) = €49k,

Add matrix headlights (RRP €2,435.00) = €53.3k,

Add matrix headlights with sunroof and laminated glass(RRP €3,460.00) = €54.7k,

add premium sound system + HUD (RRP €3,435.00)  = €58k

add heated front seats, heated washer nozzles, heated windscreen, 3 zone climate control (RRP €1,645.00) = €59.8k

I tried to spec a heat pump with the ID4 Pro but there's no option in the configurator and it's not part of the standard equiptment.

Now lets price the ID4 Pro Plus with new motor: €47.5k base, includes matrix headlights, adaptive cruise/lane keep assist:

Add front heated seats, 3 zone climate, rain sensor, heated windscreen, heated washer nozzles = €48.2k

Add heat pump (€1200)= 50.2k

Can't spec premium sound system, HUD, glass roof, laminated glass for the Pro Plus

Base ID4 Pure with old 170hp motor(9 seconds 0-100kph) is €42k with no spec and can't be spaced with anything apart from paints and a couple styling options

ID4 pro is a great car if you want the range and don't care about having a basic car. Once you start to add some spec to make it comparable to a Model Y, it's easy to see the Model Y is superior in terms of standard features so it attractive in terms of value for money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

One thing Tesla got right over the years was the elimination of "extras", you should have seen the Model S option listing, now it's RWD or LR/P and a few colours with virtually everything standard which simplifies production and gains economies of scale

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Badger242

Can anyone share what range they are getting in a RWD on the motorway in winter? I've read loads of different real world ranges on the internet and there is huge variations. I understand that weather, speed and driving style have big impacts. What could you expect in typical West of Ireland conditions, i.e. low single figure temperatures in the wind and rain while travelling at 120kph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I adjusted to the single screen / offset speedo very quickly. The infotainment system is excellent so I can't say I miss Android Auto. The first version of the camera based parking sensor software was fairly rubbish. However, it got a massive upgrade over Christmas and I'm finding it pretty good since. You get a 360 degree model of your surroundings so, unlike park sensors, it'll see kerbs / objects to your side etc.

Here's a good overview of the new system from RSEV:- https://youtu.be/-t2QykN4hsk?si=unnNw1EGF8I_F7_n

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Around 18-20 kWh/100km so 300-320km

Example below is from 21st December, was around 8C, dry weather. Climate, seats, steering wheel heating all in auto.

one hour at 120kmh, 18.2kwh/100km.

Also worth remembering that even Cork to Belfast isn't all at 120kmh. The efficiency is better once you hit the 100km section from Naas to Swords for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Badger242

Impressive numbers at those speeds and temperatures. I'd imagine it would be a good bit lower range in the wet.

Fair point on the speed limits. My round trip commute is about 165km (average twice per week) and although mainly motorway just over 20km is national and regional roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lol. Buying a brand new cutting edge vehicle and saying we did fine without cameras and sensors in the past it's fine.

Come on fella. That's ridiculous excuse for absolutely penny level items like this which are in entry level cars now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I’m tempted by a MYLR but when I add Metallic, white interior, towbar and the bigger wheels, it puts it over the grant amount. I have heard that it’s possible to get the towbar added after purchase.

Has anyone done this and how much did it cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Never saw over 20 in my Model 3 in 3yrs even in wet and wild weather.

Did a trip from Meath to Cashel return one particularly bad winters evening and averaged 19, a friend in an MG did Naas to Meath the same night and he was at 25.

I'm sure the Y will be slightly worse but wouldn't expect to see more than maybe 22/23 for an extended run.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Are the auto wipers terrible for everyone, or just me?

Have had the MYLR now for 8 months. Almost everything is absolutely great, EXCEPT the auto wipers. They do not deploy until the windscreen is basically completely impossible to see out of - have to manually trigger a single wipe almost 100% of the time, especially with misty/light rain.

I have to say - I really miss Android Auto too which I had in previous car. Ability to get Whatsapp messages read out and responding to Whatsapp via voice is a big gap. I also am not a big fan of the Tesla Spotify app layout - when I leave Spotify to listen to the radio for a bit, I cannot find a way to jump back into the playlist that was playing previously. Also cannot use song radio.

Everything else is great though :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Renewed with Allianz yesterday. €347 on M3P.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Wow...best I can get is €800. 46 no claims ever no points etc

I was paying €236 on a Model S P90D Ludicrous a few years back 😂😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wipers are sh1te, no other word for it, controlled by sensors up top of windscreen, amazingly the same sensors that control the light coming on when you open the boot so sometimes it powers on, sometimes not as much

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Renewals appear to be somewhat ok but it's very challenging to get cover on a Tesla now on a new business basis, and Gumbo as you've mentioned before your own insurance situation isn't exactly typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'll be very interested what mine comes to this April. We've moved house and I no longer have off street parking (car now sits out on a main road - pay and display).

If it goes through the roof then I'll probably sell it and make do with the excellent public transport we have here 😉.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Down to €600 with Allianz. We're getting there. Good man @Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭jellies

Mine was €520 including breakdown assist, no claims cover, and windscreen cover. We have other stuff with Allianz as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Just for the craic, I asked Tesla, how much my model Y would be worth, if I were to trade it in against a new M3 Highland. The trade-in estimate just came back.... € 31400. ( Model Y, 11 months old, 9k kms) I don't want one that badly...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

That's gone up in value actually.

2023 Model Ys (in 2023!!!) were being offered 27K as a trade-in by Tesla.

10K to trade up a year into a new M3 doesn't sound ridiculous.

€10k using a dealer to trade into would be normal IMO too. Madness, but normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Get the tow bar later, it can be fitted afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Thats ok. Realistically a year old other persons car for 10k less than new price is reasonable. If you have 32k to drop on a year old tesla, a brand spanking new one with new plate is probably worth the jump for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

A bit of advice please about tyres, trying to work out the difference between the 5 tyres below.

T1 = 69db, T0 = 72db

Then FR/MFS/FSL are various levels of rim protection? Pros/cons here?

Why are options 4 & 5 (significantly) more than the first 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Has anyone noticed an increase in insurance with the model y. I’m finding it hard to get insured as most company come back and say underwriters will not cover you. Those that will are 200-300 more expensive than my current policy which expires soon.

i don’t have any red flags for insurance (no points etc, above the high risk age group, 20 years driving experience etc)

I was surprised and a bit taken back at the amount of companies not quoting me or providing rediculous quotes (35-40% increase)

Only seeing this now. I’m the same. Not quite that high but 300 euro more expensive.

• Advertisement

Aviva wouldn’t insure me.

123, Allianz and Axa were the only 3 who would give me a quote.

i read somewhere (hope it’s not true) that Tesla are difficult to repair so costs are higher that and the power to weight is way above other ev

Advertisement