Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It mentions the price is before taxes & fee's, but there's no way to see what they are unless I actually order...

I guess the price is so much lower because they are coming from Berlin as opposed to China, so no import duties to contend with like we do with RHD models..... so until RHD Tesla's ship from Berlin, we'll continue to be screwed here....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

If they make the 7 seat version available here, I’ll probably trade in the M3.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The seven seat version is a VW Touran sized car as opposed to the model X size which is a real seven seater.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes the rear two seats are only for children and leave almost zero luggage space. Like a Qashqai + 2 or a Prius plus 2, although the Model Y isn't quite as small as those

So does anyone have any idea when we will be getting the Model Y from Berlin and if they do or do not have LFP batteries like the MIC cars? The Berlin cars are better built with much better suspension setup. But I would prefer the LFP battery.

• Advertisement

The price differential to the LHD europe seems to indicate these are imported from Shanghai and paying duties, therefore LFP but MIC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Only small children would be seated in them......or maybe an adult I wasn't fond of 😋

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭3d4life

Might those prices be after some level of LT grant ?

Boatloads will be sold if Tesla can offer that pricing in RoI

I think they are pre tax prices too, as I’m still not even sure if Tesla official have a presence in Lithuania, as I know when Lithuanians buy a new Tesla they had to buy it in Poland and then import it in….

there are also a sh1t ton of US imports there too, meaning they can only fast charge with a CHAdeMO adaptor unless they get a special Tesla=>CCS adaptor….. and they also have sim card issues (I saw a Model 3 for sale for €33k and wondered why so cheap and it was because it’s American!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭3d4life

A plain Jane MY on Tesla.de looks like 56k+change.

Seems there is a 7.5k grant over there, cant figure out if thats included. If its not then comes in sub 50k.

So long as they dont mess up the quality, Berlin is going to be one very busy factory

Priced it again got different result

Reference to 2.5k grant included yet seems 7.5k grant available

Confusion as a selling tool

Comparable M3 comes in only 4k less

• Advertisement

€51k on the road in the Netherlands. No subsidy, similar VAT as here but no VRT on EVs

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Hey folks, Quite a price difference between the Rear Wheel Drive and the Long Range. I ordered the Long Range but wondering if i made a mistake ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LR = longer range, 4wheel drive, higher cabin/audio spec, faster charging speeds.

Perhaps a few more but that's the headline, if you can afford it go for it!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

The main benefit (other than cheaper) of the SR models is that the battery is LFP and you can charge to 100 on a daily basis meaning more usable range.

LiFePO4 also lasts longer and is much safer than any other lithium chemistry in any other EV. Perfectly suited for daily cycling as V2H / V2G for the lifetime of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I do think the standard range Y is badly priced and with no grant u may aswel go for the long range

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

€50,970 in Luxembourg and assuming you keep car for months you get an 8K subsidy!!! 43K for a MY!!!

Mmmh, Switzerland. They are preparing legislation over there that can send you to jail for up to 3 years if you turn the thermostat in your house to over 19C 😮

Model Y safest car ever tested by Euro NCAP

Musk has always been consistent stating that he wanted to make the safest cars in the world. When Model S was first tested by Euro NCAP, it was the safest car ever tested, I think about 9-10 years ago. And still at the same game:

• Advertisement

And you can order the RWD Model Y from today, for delivery in Feb / Mar 2023. Unfortunately Tesla didn't keep it below the threshold, so no grant on this car, hence it's still almost €65k. That's €8k cheaper than the previously cheapest model (the LR AWD), but I'm afraid that's me out

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

I had a look around a parked MY I spotted today. Black in colour. Very nice! Like above it is a great pity they couldn't price it to make the grant.

Just specced up a SR MY there and it's 7s 0-100? That must be the slowest Tesla ever.

If they remove the grant next year (and my trade in price goes up accordingly) I might consider a trade in for a MSM MY.

Yes 0-100km/h in 6.9s. I noticed that yesterday too and the same thought occurred to me about it being the slowest Tesla ever 😁 Not that it's really slow away from the lights of course as the acceleration is instant, no engine has to be started first, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Doesn’t seem like you can choose 7 seat option in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Nope, it’s not available here and there’s no timeframe for when it might be.

7 seat are only made in the USA afaik. The Model Y we are getting currently are from China, all 5 seat only. Not sure what the plans are for Berlin, I presume at some stage they will make the 7 seat model over there

But like who would want the 7 seater? 2 absolute midgets back facing is it not?

Like the old model S?

And then no boot space.

I just don't get it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The same reason some people need 789km range for that one trip a year they travel to the moon and back without stopping.

The seats can be folded for boot space when not required.

The seven seats could be handy for the once a month trip where you have your niece, nephew or goldfish with you.

• Advertisement

Yeah but where u gonna put all the luggage when u have all those seats taken

At least on a long range trip u can charge.

This isn't even an EV argument it's a small 7 seater one in general

Those back seats are so small it's laughable. Now in a rivian r1s that's a different matter (I know lots more money)

Overall when it comes to the model Y in ireland I can see lots of long-range being sold but the standard range being a total flop.

Too dear

And at least with the long range u can buy the acceleration boost

Advertisement