Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

You don’t need to go near Tesla for PCP contact info@financeireland.ie directly as they look after it in conjunction with Tesla, I went through the process for the M3 I collected last month painless and speedy process

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This is a biggie, that's a ~20% range loss for me versus my 221 M3 RWD that doesn't have the huge 222 M3 RWD buffer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

You can but there was no factory option when ordering the M3, but it’s back now and all kinds of pub talk about it being a warranty issue if you had an issue

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just watched another range video and they got 328km from the supplied factory 100% charge from delivery.

All the tests seems to be from Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,380 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not much point in any of these range tests from MIC cars in Australia or made in the USA cars when it is likely we are getting a made in Germany Model Y. Possibly with a completely different battery. We need to wait until we know what we are getting and then compare like for like.

Agree. Be nice to get some certainty on what’s coming.

Have there been any RWD MY’s released from Berlin yet? Even LHD units?

Not sure, I don't think so. There is the first boat with RWD MY underway from China to Europe alright, I heard this morning. This is also consistent with the fact you could order one in the last few weeks here, from €65k and that the ones ordered since yesterday from €53k must be made in Berlin

Also, Berlin is not yet ready for coloured Model Y. MSM later this year and blue / red early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

Possibly no stalks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

It reads your mind now to know when to turn the signals on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Buttons on steering wheel, like the latest model s and x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Going to need to re pass the driving license tests before driving a tesla now. So many new ways of doing things

Just ordered one just in case it's as good as it seems. For 250 quid at least we have a chance to see what's really on offer in the intervening months.

For €53k on the road, the Model Y is superb value for money. Finally a great value for money EV that would appeal to a wide market again, we have only seen a handful of them over the years. 6 years ago it was the Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh for €25k on the road (that I bought then), for some time years later it was the Tesla Model 3 at under €50k, very early this year it was the Hyundai Ioniq 5 for €39k on the road and very briefly in early 2018 it was the 24kWh Leaf top spec Tekna for €19k on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s great to see the short range model Y available now at a more realistic price but it surely makes the current short range model 3 look expensive by comparison. For similar money, would the likes of an EV6 Earth or ID.4 Life be a better option if you need maximum range ? What usable battery size does the €53K Model Y have by comparison?

Obviously the tesla has way more tech but most folks trying to get into an EV, have an ICE car to trade that Tesla will give a very poor trade in offer on. A local Kia or VW dealer might be a better bet in terms of the cost to change into an EV with a 77Kwh battery. If you already have a Tesla to trade at good money, then that makes a the €53K model Y very tempting.

Should the new MG4 also be considered in terms of a value for money EV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Can it be ordered/pre-booked on Tesla.ie right now?

Edit: Yes it can.

MG4 is fantastic value at the entry point now. And it looks good too.

How much is the ID4 77 kWh Version?

edit €54,570 for the life version.

The VW will certainly appeal to many people due to the legacy way of doing things with regards to sales men, show room and talking about trade in etc

Iy thing about Tesla trade in quotes is that if they offer low, and your car is worth more then you can sell privately or to another dealer which is fairly common nowadays.

I think the RWD MY makes any other tesla model and varient look overpriced in comparison, not just the model 3. For example, look at the long range MY in comparison

It's a total outlier now with the grant.

Actually looks like the MYLR and performance were also reduced by 6k. Bit of a sickner if u bought one recently to see the price come down just after all of the September deliveries were released. The 2023 just have to be coming from Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Not in Ireland, same price for MY Performance as when I reserved one in June

Are you sure. Prices are still the same online.

MY bad.

Don’t be blaming this on the Model Y, it was your mistake 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

The Model 3 (60kwh) beats all of the ID4s (82kwh) on Bjorn's 1000km test. I'd say the standard range Model Y will too.

ev-database.org indicates a “real range” of 345km for the model Y with a 57.5kWh battery and 410km for the ID.4 with a 77kWh battery. This indicates a 20% differential for similar size cars.

Bjorn does some great reviews but his 1000km test wouldn’t work so great in Ireland with our current public charging infrastructure unless you like drinking expensive coffee and hanging out at service stations.

I’d take EVDatabases figures better than Bjorns 1000km challenge figures here too.

I don’t think I’ve ever driven 1000km. It takes me 1 month to do that!

In a range competition here I’d expect the ID4 to win every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

^^^^^ and wading through puddles of piss at said service stations if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you need a toilet break….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

ID range seems to charge quite slowly compared to the Competition Hyundai, Kia, Tesla and ID4 isn't very efficient.

For the occasional time you need a fast charge it'll be slower than the alternatives, assuming you don't have to queue as you can only access half of the HPCs in the country.

For day to day use you'll be using 10-15% more energy than a Y or 20% more than a 3.

Even looking at Dublin-Cork return on ABRP says a standard range Y is 10mins quicker than an ID4

• Advertisement

I’d agree that fast charging a Model Y over an ID.4 would be better especially if you happen to have Tesla superchargers convenient to you.

I don't understand your claim that you’ll use 10-15% more energy on day to day use though.

If this was the case, surely the “real range” figures on ev-database would be way closer ??

Advertisement