Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I didn’t order the long range last year , I ordered the cheapest one

• Registered Users Posts: 65,386 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The cheapest one until last month was the LR AWD as @Gumbo rightly pointed out. And I'd say a lot of people who have bought and got their Model Y in Ireland, were very much like you. They didn't really need AWD or the slightly longer range, but just wanted to buy a Model Y. At €73k, before even changing the colour from white, it was a very expensive car for what it was.

You can now buy a Model Y for €20k less and it will have a much improved suspension, so you got very lucky 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Your entitled to your money back did the same as Gumbo and got mine back too quoting distance selling regs.

Email contactuk@tesla.com the CS crew told me I wasn't entitled to it initially, so emailed them and got it back in about 3 days. Only good experience I had with Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

How did you go about getting the test drive in Cork ? My flight back from the UK to Dublin was late last week so I missed the last test drive slot I had booked. Cork would be much better for me. I'm also changing my order to white interior, after a very kind boards person ( thanks Mike ) met with me on Friday and showed me the white interior on his M3.

Drove up to the EV meet in Laois on Sunday and while there was no Model Y there while I was there I get chatting to a guy that had one on the supercharger and was very impressed with the overall size and slightly raised seating position.

I'm also going standard wheels and going to order better hub caps, like the performance ones. If anyone has a link to ones they have actually bought that would be great. Spotted a review on Youtube and they look OK on the video. I'm going to take the replacement hub caps with me when I collect in Feb or Mar as the standard ones are cat altogether IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Agreed. I always say that to anyone that states online that they had whatever BS they are claiming verified by a Tesla employee. I've spoken to a few now off the record and they all said they hadn't a clue - until the cars arrive they don't know what they will be.

No one paid the higher price, if you preordered at the high price your order would be updated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The good quality replacement hub caps are expensive, have a look on AliExpress for indicative pricing, I've seen a lovely set for the Model 3 18" wheels that make it look like 20" but €400 for the set by Aroham, top end of hub pricing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The LR was the cheapest one available last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

After the effort it took to take off my 3 remaining 18" Aero hubcaps, I am now convinced that the passenger front one was stolen from the car. I have alos seen on one of the Tesla Facebook pages that this has happened to a few others also...

This is easily replaced for €30 from Tesla. I would be slow to drop any significant money on a set of hubcaps. I have seen 18" Uberturbine hubcaps for around €280 and I was considering them. Not now... Too easy to steal them.

If I purchased a Model Y (and I agree that I don't like the standard Gemini 19" alloys on it either) - I would take the alloys and have them powder coated gun metal grey which would probably cost ~€400...

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same thing as regards the price. €400 for a set of hub caps that can be whipped that easily doesn't make too much sense. Powder coating could be an option but I'm not blown away by the alloys underneath either. Decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

As the lease is gone in the Mahon point Tesla pop up they have moved to Douglas, PM me and ill poke out the email address. They then send a text to arrange test drive. Pretty efficient however the 30 min slot barely give you enough time especially if Douglas is busy and getting out go the multi story car park :(

Ordered a White Model Y with White interior last night, everything else standard. Rightly or wrongly the ball is now rolling :)

There were literally no more videos on YouTube I could watch lol

Enjoy the wait. Won’t be long!

I love the white interior in my M3.

That's Texas built cars only, we won't get them. It is near certain that our cars will not have 4680 cell (structural or not) packs but have a LiFePO4 battery and will come from either China or Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Were there similar MY RWD price drops around Europe at the same time as when the Irish price dropped? Do Tesla Ireland have any power over pricing or is it set at a European level?

Just wondering if it now qualifying for the SEAI grant is a coincidence or was there a conscious decision to try and drive more sales before July 2023.

I should read the article before posting 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

Last week went to Kildare Village with the missus in her Ioniq 5, she parked between an ID.4 and a Model Y. Her car almost felt small between the other two, but mainly due to not being quite as tall.😊.

Saw a MSM one there as well, but IMO the white looked a lot better, but out in the sunlight it may be a different story..

• Advertisement

Ives edited my order from MSM to White. It kept eating away at me inside and I kept seeing whites online and I like the contrast. I’ve always liked white cars and current car is white, in fact in the garden now is a white M3P, White 520d and white 530e 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It was Ireland only afaik.

There were other price drops in europe that we didnt get in the past and vice versa. usually we're lumped in with UK but not this time. Therefore it's a conscious decision to drive sales before grant expiry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Mistake, MSM is the only colour, darken all the lights and looks even better

*above is true but just messing with your head too 😎

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Any love for blue?

I was originally thinking white / white but the other half already has a pearl white car so wanted to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Both myself and @unkle have a blue one on order with the black interior. If you go for the white interior as well, it will take it over the grant threshold, and bring the cost to €60553. With the black interior, it's €54263

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Yep, that's what I went for (Blue / Black) so as not to lose the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

We'll all be picking up our cars together... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

If you want a blue one with white interior, with the 5k saved you could in theory get the seats done by an upholsterer with white genuine leather. Lots of the previously white bits are now black anyway and in my opinion the (black) pleather in our Model 3 feels rather cheap compared to rear leather. I also think that the white dash insert is too white and the veneer looks better, as it doesn't look like plastic. "You can take a Finn out of forest but you can't take forest out of a Finn."

So unless you are anti-real-leather person that sounds like two hidden wins to me.

@ELM327 - "usually we're lumped in with UK but not this time. Therefore it's a conscious decision to drive sales before grant expiry"

Not necessarily. It could be that the cars will now come from Germany, which means Tesla can offer them for €12k cheaper while still maintaining their margin. This €12k is roughly €6k avoidance of import duty, €5k government grant and €1k cheaper not to ship from China.

• Advertisement

I think blue would be my next inline. My last 3 cars have been white and still not sick of the Color so that’s a good sign. Also I’m sold on white interior so it was my only option really :) it will be interesting to see what we all come up with regards aftermarket hubcaps / spray paint.

anyone got anything else planned?

are people ordering the car key remote or happen enough with cards and phone?

Advertisement