Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

First mistake was asking the Tesla graduate in the show room. They literally know less than the internet and are there simply to meet and greet.

MIC cars got the comfort suspension alright. It’s been detailed in a few YT videos already from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're better off reading the last few pages of this thread than to believe a word that comes out of a Tesla employee. They don't mean bad, but they just haven't a clue.

In this thread you will have found - with evidence and links to articles - that the comfort suspension was first applied in Berlin, then in China and in recent weeks also in the USA. So every single Model Y (RWD / AWD LR and P), produced anywhere in the world today, has the comfort suspension.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Split out the anti-musk trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thanks for confirming. I really didn't trust and hence posted here to double check.

It was a 221 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Would it make sense to put in an order for a Model Y RWD (blue) right now if I'm not quite sure I'll get a Tesla? (still deciding between the Ioniq5 and the Model Y, but I want to have a car available to me before the grant starts tapering off)

Would it lock in the price for me? Until what point in time could I cancel my order and get a refund?

Also, would I be pre-approved for PCP right now or that'd be up in the air until much later in the process?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Tesla don't do PCP. You can apply for finance through their partner, AIB, at a decent enough rate. (4.9% I think)

Finance Ireland will advise you about PCP.

Orders now are showing a delivery date of Feb/March so get applying soon if you are going for it.

If you order now, price is locked from any Tesla increases. Or it will drop if Tesla drop their prices.

But the grant is external. If that changes, your purchase price changes and that’s out of Tesla control.

If you order now you will have it feb/mar. If you decide you don’t want it, your deposit is fully refunded by Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,935 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thank you.

Well, they did the PCP calculation for me on site (Tesla Centre Dublin) and I was allowed to take a photo of their screen. Very detailed. Didn't ask how to apply, maybe they do get involved with it now?

If I order a Model Y for Feb/March delivery, what's the latest I can cancel without losing my deposit?

Update: Talked to them on the phone today and they said what you said. They will send me application forms to apply for PCP/HP myself. They don't do it for me.

Post edited by xboxdad on

Thank you.

Can I get a refund right before it gets delivered in February/March or is there an earlier deadline for that?

Update: I was just told by Tesla on the phone that there is a non-refundable 200 EUR deposit. Yeah, I know distance selling rules and all... Still, doesn't seem like a sure way to get your deposit back.

Post edited by xboxdad on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You will get a refund regardless of what you were told, I ordered the Y this time last year but cancelled, got a refund two weeks ago ( thanks to the good folks on this thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

A veritable feast of RWD models available to purchase now in the UK for immediate delivery

I wonder will any of them be shipped here for early order fulfillment?!

It’s actually €250 deposit.

I cancelled my M3 LR order from Feb in October and got back my €100 (previous order figure before the increase).

And as above poster mentioned, I think he used the text and email I posted on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

It is I got on to them 7 months after cancelling after the distance selling info here. Sent the email with the invoice got a reply and Dosh refunded after about 10 days. It's a UK mail address and they then redirect you to the finance office in Holland. CS are clueless on this or else do it on purpose as some people (like myself originally) won't follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Could they sell them as 'new' if they are ex-demo? Also, some of them have tow hitches fitted. Would they bother fitting those to demo models?

Even if they gave €15k off a 2022 AWD, it's still €5k more than a brand new 2023 RWD, so way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Email to : contactuk@tesla.com

Subject Contains the RO Number.

Hi,

I am applying for a refund as the order page states "Non-refundable for order cancellations, except when statutory cancellation rights apply” such as distance selling legislation. 

The purchase agreement was entered into by means of distance communication and I have a statutory right to cancellation with full refund. 

Page 5 of the order agreement specified “Region Specific Provisions".

Can you please process this refund. 

Thank you,

gumbo

Does anyone else think that the blue is a much more muted/dead/lifeless colour in the flesh than in the blurb?

Expectation

Reality

I can understand that giving it the full John Hinde in the marketing photos might be done to increase sales. But given that Tesla have full control of the final colour hue, why wouldn't Tesla then follow through and paint the car the actual colour that they thought customers liked from the interweb?

• Advertisement

Teslas in this colour have been around in Ireland for over 3 years. Have you not seen it many times in the flesh before you ordered?

It's a nice dark navy metallic colour, but nothing spectacular imho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I’ve ordered in blue , I like white but almost every Tesla is white so thought I’d go with something different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It's no MSM that's for sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla blue changes a lot depending on sunlight, I had a dark blue and it was all but black but on a sunny day a lovely deep blue would come through. That was the S but the 3 Blue is too bright for me, I assume same paint colour for the Y

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

MSM is the only color really, the rest don't look greyt at all.

Only a few times on the road from a distance and often in wet/dark weather unfortunately. Most of the M3s I've seen have been black or white. I saw a few reds in Germany. The closest I've been to Tesla in Sandyford has been when leaving the Beacon car park. Hopefully I'll make it in there sometime before delivery, but probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sure it's literally around the corner from the beacon. Would ya not head down for a coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

I was torn between MSM and Blue when I ordered my 3. I ended up going up to Sandyford to see them in person. Switched my order to blue and haven't regretted it once. It looks stunning when it's freshly washed.

Before the Y there wasn't any Tesla that matched our needs and before the MY SR we couldn't afford one. So calling in would have just been a tyre-kicking waste of time, looking at stuff we were never going to buy. Just to clarify, I don't work in the Beacon, I'm helping out one of the doctors there with their retirement fund 🙂 and I'm only in a few times a year.

Post edited by josip on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

You're gonna love it. Was gonna buy blue, because I have a grey Leaf and was selling my blue Leaf. Decided on MSM and love it. Would have loved any colour Tesla tbh. Red is a bit disappointing in our weather. Someone at work has one and I just feel they spent an extra 7k for nothing. Too many white ones around, but the white is a beautiful paint with the shimmering sparkle. Only negative is it hides the lovely curves.

Stay Free

Advertisement