Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lungs clearing months later?

Options
  • 04-03-2019 9:03am

Not the most pleasant topic but sure anyway. Started vaping about 7 months ago, would've had maybe 1-2 fags a week until about 2 months ago. It's just in the last week or so I've started getting a nasty enough cough with phlegm that reminds me of when I smoked. Before it was all clear but now it's back to tarry. When I quit smoking before I noticed the clearing started within a week, anyone else had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've been vaping about 8 years and never really noticed any major phlegm being coughed up over the first 6-12 months. Probably pretty gradual for me. I can honestly say however that I hardly every get coughs these days. When I smoked I'd get quite a few colds/coughs every year that would normally develop in to a nasty chesty cough. Haven't had that for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

The several times I quit smoking in the past (before relapsing...) I always got a chest infection within the first week.

But when I start vaping, I never really had that. Maybe a slight bit of crap coughed up but nowhere near a cough or chest infection. My breathing just got clearer over time. I haven't have anything worse than a cold since I stuck with vaping a couple of years back.

It sounds more like you have a slight chest infection or chesty cough. Maybe pop down to the doctor's before it gets a strong hold on you - it's the kind of weather now where people get these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rashinsane

Hi guys,

My fair share of personal experience is a bit similar.

I quit and got back to smoking many times. Stopped for 2 years back for 1 for about 4 times that kind of cycle.

I had twice bad bronchitis after quitting. However with vape. Never experience anything like that. I would question the juice you may be using. It's possible that you may have an intolerance or you're overusing your coils or that can be a chemical in one of them your lung do not fancy (examples: koolada or other cooling agent, some sweeteners or possibly some nasty chemicals that can be risky like nutty/cheesecake flavor if they're not acetyl free).

My advice is if you have any symptoms such a bad sore throat or chest cough to pause vaping like you would pause smoking until it gets sorted as for some people vaping can be as destructive as smoking once they get such symptoms.

Cheers.

I had a bad chest infection for 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks of what I talked about in the OP. On reflection I had been marvelling at how long the coil I was using lasted. :P Maybe it's that or just the tail end of a really long chest infection because now I think of it it's not been as bad since I swapped the coil out even though it tasted fine. Hopefully I was just worrying over nothing. :P

Advertisement