Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon XT "GSM not registered"

Options
  • 04-03-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I had installer over to sort out resetting the Simon Xt panel to unbind it form PW service. I have now default engineer code.

I have purchased sim card from eir and topped it up. I have also removed the PIN from the card. However when I put the card into the Simon Xt it says that there is no signal, "invalid sim pin" and "gsm not registered".

I have tried every option in settings to make it work but as soon as I enter my phone number the above happens.

Also the installer tried putting different GSM module and it didn't work as well. Is there anything I can try to make it operational?

Thanks,
    Karol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

karolaug wrote: »
    Hi,

I had installer over to sort out resetting the Simon Xt panel to unbind it form PW service. I have now default engineer code.

I have purchased sim card from eir and topped it up. I have also removed the PIN from the card. However when I put the card into the Simon Xt it says that there is no signal, "invalid sim pin" and "gsm not registered".

I have tried every option in settings to make it work but as soon as I enter my phone number the above happens.

Also the installer tried putting different GSM module and it didn't work as well. Is there anything I can try to make it operational?

Thanks,
    Karol

Should be a straight swap as its only using voice.
    Have you tried a vodafone sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 karolaug

I have tried different sim. Yesterday I have noticed that it is probably the alarm itself that is faulty. When I remove the GSM module from the alarm it's behavior and messages are exactly the same as if it's installed.

Do you know if I can get replacement Simon Xt panel somewhere? As most likely the GSM module is OK I would only need the panel to make the system work. Please feel free to PM me if you can't post publicly.

Karol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

karolaug wrote: »
    I have tried different sim. Yesterday I have noticed that it is probably the alarm itself that is faulty. When I remove the GSM module from the alarm it's behavior and messages are exactly the same as if it's installed.

Do you know if I can get replacement Simon Xt panel somewhere? As most likely the GSM module is OK I would only need the panel to make the system work. Please feel free to PM me if you can't post publicly.

Karol

Have a look on adverts, you may pick a second hand one up on that.

Advertisement