Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 battery faults and adding external arm/disarming.

Options
  • 04-03-2019 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there I've just moved into our new home and there is a CS250 system installed.

Control panel is at the front door and the rectangular metal box for connections and battery is opposite beside the consumer panel.

LD and VT are showing if I try to arm the system so I gather a new rectangular battery is needed.

I would also guess the external sounder could do with a battery replacement also.

I am also looking at been able to control the alarm and get updates while away so if there are any issues I can reset or know there is a problem.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its unlikely the bell battery is gone.I'd say its the panel battery.
    Whats the full messages you are getting?
    Also I'd say check the voltage on the battery leads. There is a known issue with this system where the charge voltage drops over time.

For decent remote control and notifications I'd recommend upgrading to a panel like GSD i1070 or Vanderbilt SPC 4320.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there I've just moved into our new home and there is a CS250 system installed.

Control panel is at the front door and the rectangular metal box for connections and battery is opposite beside the consumer panel.

LD and VT are showing if I try to arm the system so I gather a new rectangular battery is needed.

I would also guess the external sounder could do with a battery replacement also.

I am also looking at been able to control the alarm and get updates while away so if there are any issues I can reset or know there is a problem.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

The LD and VT are referring to the main battery in the metal box.

You could upgrade to HKC or the UTC advisior panel for remote access.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cool thanks for the replies guys.

Advertisement