Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of worker am I?

Options
  • 04-03-2019 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I was working in IT full time for 8 years, then I switched to contracting under an umbrella company about 1.5 years ago, and then I set up my own limited company for invoicing purposes about .5 years ago, staying with the same client

How long have I been self employed from a mortgage application perspective? 1.5 years or .5 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

were you PRSI class A or S when contacting under the umbrella company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I would have thought 0.5 years, as technically you were employed by someone else when working for the umbrella company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭CPTM

were you PRSI class A or S when contacting under the umbrella company?

I was PRSI class: S

That's a good way to look at it, so from my perspective I have been self employed. But I wonder if the banks see it that way from a mortgage perspective!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Doesn't matter. Just show them all your bank statements and accounts etc, if you can show a continuous record of good income and saving you are sorted.

Note they will also want to see your company accounts, which is a massive violation of data privacy because they have no legal agreement with your company - but if you say no you get no mortgage :)

Advertisement