Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods

Options
  • 04-03-2019 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

What's are the qualifications to be a mod ?Iremember there used to be thread where mods frequented it was like behind the scenes at boards .Can mods delete posts without saying anything ,
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

You have to be mad into coke.

And hookers.

Realistically though, be a good contributor, report posts that are deemed to be in breach of the subforum/forum/site charter, overall, be really really sound. Mods can delete posts without saying anything but generally they'll delete offensive posts and leave mod notes in-thread.

Or hand Beasty a tenner in a brown envelope and he'll look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

First, be a good contributor to the site
    Second, show cop on and common sense
    Third, have a reasonably clean record

When a forum is looking for a mod, the existing mod & CMod team will review contributors in that forum and look for candidates that meet the 3 criteria above. They put their candidates forward to the Admins & HQ, who will give their approval or not. The candidate is then offered the gig, and if they accept, the buttons are pushed.

Mods can delete posts in their forums only. CMods can delete in their categories only and Admins can delete posts across the site.

A record is kept of deleted posts and there is an optional text box to capture a reason why. It’s good mod practice to put a note in the thread if deleting a post, though not always necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

15 years and waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

15 years and waiting.

Just like liverpool, this is your year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

15 years and waiting.

You'd be awesome.

Canis Lupus for Mayor!! Or mod.....whichever..

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

15 years and waiting.
    You'd be awesome.

Canis Lupus for Mayor!! Or mod.....whichever..

There is enough lunatics running this asylum without adding one more.:D

Nosnon wrote: »
    There is enough lunatics running this asylum without adding one more.:D

There's always room for one more!

All Eyes On Rafah

There's always room for one more!

You'd think so but it's evenly balanced at the moment and while there is a plentiful supply of lunatics to step up we'd have to find a sane person to even it out and that would be next to impossible round here.

You'd think so but it's evenly balanced at the moment and while there is a plentiful supply of lunatics to step up we'd have to find a sane person to even it out and that would be next to impossible round here.

Yeah that's not going to happen for a while.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear, once a mod of AH you can kiss goodbye to any sanity you still have

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Just to be clear, once a mod of AH you can kiss goodbye to any sanity you still have

poor screening that put anyone in that position to begin with that had a shred of sanity left

Surely you end up going full circle though? Kersplat! seems normal..ish.

All Eyes On Rafah

He gets the last shred of sanity from the next guy/girl in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

query - what if you go straight in with no sanity whatsoever?

asking for a friend/different personality

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He might do, but whatever happened to that Ken bloke?? A right fruitcake he was.....

query - what if you go straight in with no sanity whatsoever?

asking for a friend/different personality
    You end up an Admin

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Wait....what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,741 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pter wrote: »
    Wait....what?

Didn't we tell you? Oh dear...

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ElderlyGregariousAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-small.gif

Wait....what?

Ah dude you never had any. Dont pretend ya did now.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Ah dude you never had any. Dont pretend ya did now.

It's a double bluff Murray. They hadn't copped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyway...

Apologies for interrupting the Mods love-in guys, but I see once again that AH moderation misses the mark completely!

First ye lock the "Where I am" thread last night with what can only be described as a immature schoolteacher-style response, now we have "nosnon" (whichever one that is - I know it's seen as gas craic to change yer names randomly but it's a tad ridiculous when you hold a position of authority on the forum - people like to know who they're dealing with) thread-banning a regular poster for a completely harmless and long-standing gag

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears as usual while you circle the wagons, but any actual constructive explanation to add?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyway...

Apologies for interrupting the Mods love-in guys, but I see once again that AH moderation misses the mark completely!

First ye lock the "Where I am" thread last night with what can only be described as a immature schoolteacher-style response, now we have "nosnon" (whichever one that is - I know it's seen as gas craic to change yer names randomly but it's a tad ridiculous when you hold a position of authority on the forum - people like to know who they're dealing with) thread-banning a regular poster for a completely harmless and long-standing gag

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears as usual while you circle the wagons, but any actual constructive explanation to add?
    Have a read of the thread and then come back here.

Have a read of the thread and then come back here.

How about we start by you identifying which Mod you are (I'm assuming it's yet another rename.. funny though how such upset is caused by re-reg's though!)

Next, why don't you respind to the points I raised above and we'll go from there.

You know you can see previous nicks in his profile, Kaiser2000.....

I got sick of the bot names. I was N.S.Abot, before that grinchbot, before that putinbot.

You know you can see previous nicks in his profile, Kaiser2000.....

Not on his profile I can't

I got sick of the bot names. I was N.S.Abot, before that grinchbot, before that putinbot.

Ah that explains it.. you have form so.

Now, about my points above....?

At least you could have said you were consistent!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Fair point! I said that without checking admittedly! Sorry about that guys.

Advertisement