Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe or Bars in Dublin showing Strade Bianche?

Options
  • 04-03-2019 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

Anybody know of any cafes or bars in Dublin showing the Strade Bianche (live) this Saturday?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think the Italian owner of Fuschiardi's on Capel Street is a bit of a cycling nut. It's a restaurant though, so not sure if they'd be showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Surely Dublin is long overdue a poncey Rapha cafe?

If Fixx still had a café, they could've filled that gap, but unfortunately they were movedo on for the monstrosity of a building on Dawson Street. I was in the café when the owner was being told the potential plans, though it was likely he knew already and this was just some informal meeting. He seemed gutted by it. It was a good spot, and opened beyond 5pm before any where else seemed to. That and they love to cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Weepsie wrote: »
    I think the Italian owner of Fuschiardi's on Capel Street is a bit of a cycling nut. It's a restaurant though, so not sure if they'd be showing it.

Romano's in Capel Street is owned by a keen cyclist, Romano Morelli.
    When I started racing Vet's races, almost 30 years ago now, I used come up against him now and again.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    When I started racing Vet's races, almost 30 years ago now, I used come up against him now and again.

Ah, right street, wrong restaurant. I was nearly there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Doc07

inthedrops wrote: »
    Hi,

Anybody know of any cafes or bars in Dublin showing the Strade Bianche (live) this Saturday?

Thanks in advance

Depends on what major soccer/rugby/GAA it clashes with. My local has a few TVs so they very kindly have put the finale of a tour stage /classIc on for me for 30mins or so on one of the TVs.

Pub beside O’Donoghues Baggot st have done the same for me on polite request. Sorry can’t think of name it recently changed names

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Strange tv listing: it's on Eurosport 2 at 11:30-12:30, then breaks for live skiing, then goes back to it for 14:30. :confused:

Anyway, the Back Page in Phibsboro have a few tables with small tvs that you can book in advance, near the back beside the pizza counter. I've booked there last year for some of the classic races. Not a bad spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Strange tv listing: it's on Eurosport 2 at 11:30-12:30, then breaks for live skiing, then goes back to it for 14:30. :confused:

Anyway, the Back Page in Phibsboro have a few tables with small tvs that you can book in advance, near the back beside the pizza counter. I've booked there last year for some of the classic races. Not a bad spot.

That's the women's Race on E2 11:30-12:30.

The men's race is E1 from 13:00 - 14:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Eamonnator wrote: »

He's been trying (unsuccessfully) to get me to join the Vets ever since I admired one of his display Mercians years ago. Don't think there's any telly there but the food (especially the pasta) is super.

Advertisement