Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband//phone contract running out

Options
  • 04-03-2019 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭

Hello Talk to Eir...,

my contract which is broadband plus home phone and also added on mobile is running out.
    The discount for broadband and home phone was already only partially applied to the February bill. Therefore I'm now out of contract.

I was advised on the web chat I need to speak to the loyalty team, but the waiting times are still very long. More than I can wait during working hours unfortunately.

I'm basically looking to extend for another 12 months under the same conditions. The not discounted tariff is not an option as it is very high. In fact I could go back to Sky for less than my discounted tariff, never mind the not discounted one. 
    Regardless of other options, I would be happy to stay with eir on the same conditions. I have been quite happy with the service 

I was wondering would you be able to help me here with that?

Thanks & Kind Regards

Fritti

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hello Talk to Eir...,

my contract which is broadband plus home phone and also added on mobile is running out.
    The discount for broadband and home phone was already only partially applied to the February bill. Therefore I'm now out of contract.

I was advised on the web chat I need to speak to the loyalty team, but the waiting times are still very long. More than I can wait during working hours unfortunately.

I'm basically looking to extend for another 12 months under the same conditions. The not discounted tariff is not an option as it is very high. In fact I could go back to Sky for less than my discounted tariff, never mind the not discounted one. 
    Regardless of other options, I would be happy to stay with eir on the same conditions. I have been quite happy with the service 

Thanks & Kind Regards

Fritti
    Hi CalamariFritti, 

Unfortunately, for security reasons, I am unable to process an upgrade for you here. You will need to speak to an agent in our customer care team. 

Sincere apologies for inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2 knottyman

I am in the same boat. Contract is up but having too much trouble getting in contact with someone.
    I managed to get through to the loyalty team last week, and after agreeing to re-contract, the phone line went dead, and nobody called me back.

Can somebody please call me back ?

I didn't want the hassle of moving to another company and also having to pay the very suspect 99 euro re-connection fee, but maybe the competitors have a better customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

knottyman wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. Contract is up but having too much trouble getting in contact with someone.
    I managed to get through to the loyalty team last week, and after agreeing to re-contract, the phone line went dead, and nobody called me back.

Can somebody please call me back ?

I didn't want the hassle of moving to another company and also having to pay the very suspect 99 euro re-connection fee, but maybe the competitors have a better customer service.
    Hi Knottyman 

Unfortunately in Social Media we are unable to schedule call backs.  You would have to call 1901 to arrange a new contract. 

Kind regards

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Hello Talk to Eir...,

Thanks & Kind Regards

Fritti
    Hi CalamariFritti, 

Unfortunately, for security reasons, I am unable to process an upgrade for you here. You will need to speak to an agent in our customer care team. 

Sincere apologies for inconvenience caused. 

Grainne
    Thanks Grainne,

no problem. Thanks for coming back to me.

Unfortunately - like I said - the loyalty team is difficult to get through to. Any chance a callback or anything can be arranged? Or is there a good time to call when its usually not that crazy busy?

Thanks again

Fritti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Unfortunately, for security reasons, I am unable to process an upgrade for you here.
    You will need to speak to an agent in our customer care team. "

So you are out contract and Eir is now charging you full whack.
    The loyalty team can't be got for love or money.
    The reps can't help you, not their fault, there just following the rules.

I think that is the pits. Eir are charging you a higher rate and not providing a viable process to negotiate the new deal.

So Eir make more money by providing lousy customer service.

Make a formal complaint via email to

ccm@eir.ie.

Request a formal ComReg complaint number.
    They won't want to give it to you but just keep demanding it.

Inform Eir that since you cannot contact the Eir loyalty team you are
    you are formally withdrawing any authorization to charge anything above the old rate
    until you agree the new rate.

Not fixed satisfactory within 10 days escalate to ComReg at

consumerline@comreg.ie

Don't close the complaint until you are sure everything is in place.
    Let us know how you got on.

• Advertisement

Thanks Paddy19,

but I don't think its quite that bad yet. I entered a contract and I knew the price once the contract runs out. I knew I could (hopefully) renew or switch then. As of now I dont see any grounds for a complaint. The way I see it they are not obliged to provide convenient phone service, but they may have to live with the fact of me leaving.

I will give 1901 a try to day, have it on head set for a while or so, see how it goes. If that turns out not to be working I will simply go elsewhere, not worth the hassle. Sky seems the cheapest but I don't want their SkyQ stuff. Digiweb or Vodafone offers looks pretty ok to me. 

thx

Fritti

Thanks Paddy19,

but I don't think its quite that bad yet. I entered a contract and I knew the price once the contract runs out. I knew I could (hopefully) renew or switch then. As of now I dont see any grounds for a complaint. The way I see it they are not obliged to provide convenient phone service, but they may have to live with the fact of me leaving.

I will give 1901 a try to day, have it on head set for a while or so, see how it goes. If that turns out not to be working I will simply go elsewhere, not worth the hassle. Sky seems the cheapest but I don't want their SkyQ stuff. Digiweb or Vodafone offers looks pretty ok to me. 

thx

Fritti
    My apologies I am unable to assist you here Fritti. 

In the morning is the best time to reach this team. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Thanks Paddy19,

thx

Fritti

The complaint as I saw it was not with the contract itself but that you couldn't get to anyone in Eir to update it for you.

Wasn't too bad in the end, rang early(ish) in the morning and got through after about 25 to 30 minutes. Unfortunately they will not renew my contract under the same conditions.

I am sure wiser business heads than me know their numbers, but you'd wonder what the point of all is this. You'd think giving me the same contract and retain me as a customer would be more advantageous than losing me to the competition. Especially since the same offer I was on is still around, of course only to 'new customers'. 

In the end I nearly stayed on the slightly increased rate and the reduced package, but the service agent was quite unfriendly too. And with those delays I wasn't going to call again to speak to someone else. 

I  might be back next year when my new crowd probably pull the same stuff. A bit silly this merry go round...modern times eh.

Wasn't too bad in the end, rang early(ish) in the morning and got through after about 25 to 30 minutes. Unfortunately they will not renew my contract under the same conditions.

I am sure wiser business heads than me know their numbers, but you'd wonder what the point of all is this. You'd think giving me the same contract and retain me as a customer would be more advantageous than losing me to the competition. Especially since the same offer I was on is still around, of course only to 'new customers'. 

In the end I nearly stayed on the slightly increased rate and the reduced package, but the service agent was quite unfriendly too. And with those delays I wasn't going to call again to speak to someone else. 

I  might be back next year when my new crowd probably pull the same stuff. A bit silly this merry go round...modern times eh.
    Hi CalamariFritti, 

Sorry to hear the agent spoke to you in this way. My sincere apologies. 

If there is anything I can help you with here don't hesitate to contact us here. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement

"Wasn't too bad in the end, rang early(ish) in the morning and got through after about 25 to 30 minutes."

Wasn't too bad.....25 to 30 minutes.....

How has come to this, that we think 25 minutes waiting is ok?

It is not OK, it is not acceptable, it is outrageous, to have to wait for
    this length of time for service you are paying for.

By contrast I called 123.ie to cancel an auto renewed insurance policy (my fault).

Got straight through, nice guy cancelled no problem, no charge for dates covered.

Took 3 minutes 43 seconds.

That's the way it should be.

Hi CalamariFritti, 

If there is anything I can help you with here don't hesitate to contact us here. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

no apologies needed he didn't speak to me in any bad way. He was professional. Maybe unfriendly was too strong a word, no complaints. 
    Just didn't seem to care much wether he could keep me on the books or not.

Thanks again and no worries

Fritti

Hi CalamariFritti, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

no apologies needed he didn't speak to me in any bad way. He was professional. Maybe unfriendly was too strong a word, no complaints. 
    Just didn't seem to care much wether he could keep me on the books or not.

Thanks again and no worries

Fritti
    Thanks Fritti, 

Let us know here if you have any other queries

Grainne

Advertisement