Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent payment

Options
  • 04-03-2019 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

So, we are house sharing. Just wondering what should be the acceptable time frame to get rent. As our sharing person pays at his leisure like 6 ,10 some time in the middle of month. I fell not to ask every month i.e when will you pay?.
    So i thought i will check with people usually do house share. So that i don't want to be thought as cheeky to chase.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

lovehathi wrote: »
    So, we are house sharing. Just wondering what should be the acceptable time frame to get rent. As our sharing person pays at his leisure like 6 ,10 some time in the middle of month. I fell not to ask every month i.e when will you pay?.
    So i thought i will check with people usually do house share. So that i don't want to be thought as cheeky to chase.

Thanks

Surely his rent due date is the date of the month / week he moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

lovehathi wrote: »

Thanks
    I would say that the person needs to be given a specific date to pay each month if they are so inconsiderate and disrespectful. Put it in a written notice requesting that rent be paid on or before the day of the month that they moved in. That should save you the inconvenience of having to repeatedly ask. If they persist then give them notice, loads of decent people looking for rooms to rent. Not cheeky to ask. You shouldn't have to.

Advertisement