Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Credit Card

Options
  • 04-03-2019 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Back in December I sent a request through the 365 online service desk to have my credit card account closed. Having just looked in my mailbox I note that there is a reply to my request indicating that 

I have sent a request for you now to close this account. You will be sent a letter within 10 working days to confirm this action. Please ensure to destroy the card and cancel any 3rd party direct debits from the account.

I don't recall getting such a letter. If I did I think I've mislaid it. Could you please clarify what it is I need to do to ensure the account is closed. The balance is now zero and the the $30 Government charge has been paid.

Thanks

Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The best thing would be to send a message through Ask a Question and the advisers can check if anything further is needed from you and can then ensure the account has been closed.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement