Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van insurance for Seat Ateca commercial

Options
  • 04-03-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Im trying to renew my Seat Ateca Commercial van insurance ( LTD co, vat reg company, director)

a lot of the insurance companies are having trouble finding my van on there van databases, but its coming up under the car insurance section.

it was sold as new last year, registered as a 2 seater commercial, and it comes up on cartell, myregcheck etc. as a Van. also in the vehicle reg cert as N1 commercial.

Seems to be getting harder and harder to insure a "car derivative Van" in ireland.

any one else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

It takes a while for these databases to get updated. Just insure it as something similar (VW Tiguan etc.) and get the agent to put a note on the policy explaining what they have done. Shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

bcklschaps wrote: »
    It takes a while for these databases to get updated. Just insure it as something similar (VW Tiguan etc.) and get the agent to put a note on the policy explaining what they have done. Shouldn't be a problem

car was registered a year ago, surely it should be on the insurance database by now?

who do i contact to try to get this type of vehicle recognised on the van insurance databases?

added: BTW, i would say even less chance in finding a 2 seater commercial VW Tiguan i would say, probably ford Kuga or Hyundai Tuscan might be better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

i have gone ahead and renewed with my current insurance broker/provider, insuremyvan , RSA/Patrona .

little bit worried about the whole Qudos issue last year, but i don't have much of a choice.

The insurance companies seem to be asking a lot more questions then i remember when trying to get a quote last year.

my circumstances are different to most Van owners, i Don't carry tools or equipment of any kind in the back, i use the vehicle for driving to and from work site car parks , never onto site itself and back to my home/office , i pay 5% BIK for any personal use of the vehicle, which is very rear.

My company owns the Van and the commercial policy, no claims and i'm a named driver on that policy.

i also have my own private car and with my own private policy 6+ NCB.
    i'm in my late 40s

should i be insuring the van privately? it would be a lot cheaper if i could.
    when the insurance company ask me questions like , "what trade are you in?" , when i say "i don't have a trade" some of them won't quote me.

i got another question from the insurance provider " how will you be using the vehicle?"

i'm not sure how to answer that one either, "to and from work, but also some personal use" i lot of them shutdown also when i answer that one.

would like some help on this , and i know this will continue at next years renewal.

cheers.

Advertisement