Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any cases suggestions? I am still using the clear one that came in the box, but its a bit bulky and cheapens the look of the phone IMO.

What do you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Phone finally arrived anyone one a suggestion on a notification app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ordered Monday day and less than 3 days later, it's in the hand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

Just wondering if there is any model of the 7 variety that has 5g capability? I know there is not much 5g at the moment but I don’t change phones that often and would like one that is ready when it does but can also get 4g, 3g etc in the meantime

I can see EE network in the UK has it but just wondering if I can purchase one that will work on the 3 Network. Or is it best to spend a bit more on Samsung S10 or look at other models?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Phone finally arrived anyone one a suggestion on a notification app?

You can get notifications on the lock screen. What notifications are you looking to get which the phone can't already facilitate?

• Advertisement

54and56 wrote: »
    You can get notifications on the lock screen. What notifications are you looking to get which the phone can't already facilitate?

I'm looking for an app that mimics the notification light on other phones.

Also for any apps or tips to get the most out of the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm looking for an app that mimics the notification light on other phones.

Also for any apps or tips to get the most out of the phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.used.aoe&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

FitzShane wrote: »
    Ordered Monday day and less than 3 days later, it's in the hand :D

Ordered Wednesday at 8.30pm and had it before midday today Friday. DHL have improved their delivery time since the last time I had them deliver something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Having major issues now sharing anything from the gallery to whats-app, Instagram etc

Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Having major issues now sharing anything from the gallery to whats-app, Instagram etc

Anyone else?

Yes, with the default Gallery app.
    I have a 3rd party Gallery app that works fine (from Flavyr Media)

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »

Thank you, that's perfect got the paid version and exactly what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone else?

Yup same as, WhatsApp freezes and other apps don't give the option to share to other apps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thank you, that's perfect got the paid version and exactly what I wanted.

What settings did you implement, I've downloaded the ad version so far but can't get the notification lighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

What's the best online place to buy the 7t pro?
    I want it unlocked so I can use forgein SIM cards while traveling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Oneplus website.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Oneplus website.

They only have the "haze blue" in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They only have the "haze blue" in stock.

They have the McLaren as well.

blade1 wrote: »
    They have the McLaren as well.

It's out of stock

It's out of stock

There for me

Screenshot-20191109-140853.jpg

Ebay if you want to save over €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Ebay if you want to save over €100

Not sure I would trust Ebay for something like this.

py2006 wrote: »
    Not sure I would trust Ebay for something like this.

Loads on hotukdeals buy them on ebay, I also asked on their live chat this morning if you get the same 24 month warranty and they said yeah.

Two annoying things on my 7T Pro I'd appreciate some input on if possible.

1. A few days ago the phone stopped auto connecting to mobile data when it disconnects from a WiFi network. At home I'm on WiFi but after I leave the WiFi is disconnected but mobile data is not re-connected. After much faffing around and changing various settings I'm still unable to get mobile data to auto re-connect. Each time I have to do the following: Settings ->WiFi & Internet -> SIM & network settings -> Preferred network type -> change from 2G/3G/4G to 2G only -> back to Preferred network type -> change back to 2G/3G/4G from 2G only and bingo mobile data is restored. I've tried re-booting the phone several times etc but it seems stuck on this pattern of behaviour. Any suggestions?

2. This is likely less to do with the phone than Android/Oxygen OS but in the car I listen to a lot of either podcasts, streaming TuneIn Radio, Spotify or Audiobooks and find it annoying when the sound is either stopped or reduced as new email/SMS/WhatsApp notifications are received. Is this a system level setting I need to toggle or are these interruptions set at the app level so I need to find where in the settings of each app an option to pause/lower volume on receipt of new notification is located and toggle it off? I've been looking and can't see such an option at either the system level or within the respective apps.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

The mobile data thing is happening to me aswell its very annoying

Any recommendations for a 7T case?

Nolars wrote: »

Are you running a VPN in the background e.g. the Blokada advert blocking app or are you connected to a 5Ghz WiFi network before it happens to you by any chance?

I think it's one of those two that are the culprit for me.

I'm going to uninstall Blokada and see if that fixes it. If not I'm going to remove my 5Ghz WiFi connection (which I use at home as pretty much all other devices in the house use the 2.4Ghz network from my dual band router) and see if that fixes it.

I'll report back one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

Nolars wrote: »

This was happening on my 7pro and driving me insane - I was restarting the phone to resolve it! I played around with the phone and under WiFi preferences changed the smart WiFi settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

54and56 wrote:
    Are you running a VPN in the background e.g. the Blokada advert blocking app or are you connected to a 5Ghz WiFi network before it happens to you by any chance?

No VPN or anything different from what I can see, think it's been happening since the last update so I'd imagine the next one will fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Probably asked already but do the Oneplus's at three come unlocked? Keen to buy one before the weekend and I'm Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

Probably asked already but do the Oneplus's at three come unlocked? Keen to buy one before the weekend and I'm Vodafone.

http://www.adverts.ie/19217670

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Anyone know if it's still possible to use referral codes to buy accessories or were they only available for a limited time? And if so does anyone have one available? Feel free to pm me if so.

Anyone know if it's still possible to use referral codes to buy accessories or were they only available for a limited time? And if so does anyone have one available? Feel free to pm me if so.
    Vouchers are valid for 30 days.
    This for phones I think
    https://www.oneplus.com/invite#I2S6LNSTV6MFTCF

And this for bullet headphones
    https://www.oneplus.com/invite#9bLdzxjVE6yiHNSExhqL1k

Can anyone tell me what the black line between the sim card tray and charging port on the 7T Pro is all about?

https://images.app.goo.gl/LWjc9rUg96Ukrwwu5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Antenna bands. As it is all metal so signal won't go through.

Anyone recommend a good tempered glass protector? Preferably with a full adhesive and not just around the edges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anyone recommend a good tempered glass protector? Preferably with a full adhesive and not just around the edges

Here ya go use parcel motel... Great fit
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RVF2NBT/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_GQ.ZDbDZ0EHBC

I have a car dash charger and charger for the one plus 5.

Would any of these work for the one plus 7 models?

Also anyone installed gcam on phone

I have a car dash charger and charger for the one plus 5.

Would any of these work for the one plus 7 models?

Also anyone installed gcam on phone

The OP5 chargers will work fine with the 7 but won't deliver the uber fast "warp" speed charging the 7T charger does.

Can't comment on Gcam, don't use it.

I think it's one of those two that are the culprit for me.

I'm going to uninstall Blokada and see if that fixes it. If not I'm going to remove my 5Ghz WiFi connection (which I use at home as pretty much all other devices in the house use the 2.4Ghz network from my dual band router) and see if that fixes it.

I'll report back one way or the other.

Looks like Blokada was the culprit. Uninstalled it, rebooted the phone and haven't had any problems switching from WiFi (including 5Ghz) to mobile data.

Now in the market for a new add blocking solution :-(

Anyone reckon that there would be any deals either with three or online one plus store for black Friday?

Not sure if to purchase now or hold on.

Not tried the below for ad blocker on phone use it on parents

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aykutcevik.dnschanger

• Advertisement

Looks like Blokada was the culprit. Uninstalled it, rebooted the phone and haven't had any problems switching from WiFi (including 5Ghz) to mobile data.

I disabled blockada also as some web pages wouldn't load for me when it was enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I use Samsung internet browser on my 7t Pro. You can use an ad blocker on it. Works beautifully. I've used Samsung browser for years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I have blockada and no problems with connecting from WiFi to Data.

54and56 wrote:
    The OP5 chargers will work fine with the 7 but won't deliver the uber fast "warp" speed charging the 7T charger does.

They will deliver 20w Dash Charging though, which is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Having some issues with mine. Maybe it was the recent update but apps keep crashing and phone isn't as responsive when I go to press buttons. Anyone else having these sort of issues. Pretty disappointing really as I never had anything like this happen on the one plus 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Having some issues with mine. Maybe it was the recent update but apps keep crashing and phone isn't as responsive when I go to press buttons. Anyone else having these sort of issues. Pretty disappointing really as I never had anything like this happen on the one plus 5.

A problem for me too. An app will go unresponsive and I have to use app drawer or home to exit and get it working again. :rolleyes:

Great phone but jesus, more bugs than any phone I've owned before.

They used to have great stable software. Problem now I see is they have so many different phones and models. With bringing out standard phone plus a T version and a special edition each year.

They really need to increase their software division number to deal with extra devices. Then they also try to release the newest Android version nearly first so don't really bug check it enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Yakult wrote: »
    A problem for me too. An app will go unresponsive and I have to use app drawer or home to exit and get it working again. :rolleyes:

Great phone but jesus, more bugs than any phone I've owned before.

Good to see I'm not the only one with the issues. Hopefully they can sort it out with next software update.

Really hard to see why anyone would pay for the expedited shipping with OnePlus. Ordered a 7T on Friday night. It was shipped yesterday and landed here today at 11.30 am.

May I ask, anyone know where I might get a few cheap (but working) USB to minijack adapters? Loads on AliExpress etc but do they work?

I bought an official one with the phone but I'm damned if I'm paying 8 quid each for a few more. Have multiple pairs of headphones about the house and would like to get a few spare adapters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Not having a go, but it amazes me that people have no problem dropping hundreds of euro on a phone, then ask as to where to buy cheap accessories for even cheaper!

• Advertisement
Advertisement